Gym shoe decoys

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by 1duckmaster, Nov 28, 2017.

1. maskedmallard

maskedmallard New Member

Thats because they are the exact same decoy. Gym Shoe better get on the free shipping bandwagon otherwise there is no reason to buy from them when you can buy from bulk for less, and don't have to pay shipping.

2. hamr504

hamr504 New Member Sponsor

gymshoedecoys.com

We by no means want to bum rap bulk decoy company, and I will not. I have noticed one thing though , the paint on bulks decoys are not the same as the pictures on the site and the video shown. I do not like the black ring around the Canada at its shoulder blade, I personally have not seen a Candida look like that. I was told that the paint is locally painted, that is where the cost savings is. Our prices have come down to $95 for 6 which is pretty much the same and I can guarantee you that they are not painted locally to save money. I asked bulk to clarify and I was not given a clear answer why the two decoys are different looking. It's just an observation, when watching the video you can clearly see a black band down the shoulder. You do not see that band in the product photos. Any of you guys looking for snow geese go to our website and check out the Facebook page. FB_IMG_1513476891075.jpg FB_IMG_1513476914064.jpg there's some cool videos we took this weekend of an xpe foam that we sell, it is not like the Eva and it isn't even in the same category. I would compare the Eva is to the old turkey decoys that split after a year, this is not going to be an issue with xpe and we are the only ones that have them. We're working on our prices and they have come down.

3. hamr504

Guys I couldn't agree with you more, we are going to drop shipping until March on our products. We're having issues with the website designer, and are in the process of having it signed over to a new designer. If anybody wants to purchase, please post message me through the website and we will make arrangements for free shipping until the website is finally revised. Like we said before we are in no way shape or form looking to gouge anybody and I agree with you guys. The point of this mission was to give everyone an affordable decoy. New price
    EVA PLASTIC
    Snows $75 for 6
    specs $90 for 6
    Canada's $95 for 6

XPE FOAM
    Snows blues juvies $ 65 per 6.
    I know I'm sounding like a broken record but the xpe foam will last and are simple to run, fast. To reiterate, I personally like them better than the Eva plastic. Any questions call me Jim 708 906 6949

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    1duckmaster likes this.
  4. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

As someone who has been through the website design fiasco, I'd be willing to help you out if you haven't already started paying someone. I basically designed our first website which was a complete S Show as far as ordering and shipping went, then we switched to using shopify/godaddy and paid someone and I ended up doing 3/4 of the work myself, and it's been nothing but smooth breathing since. Obviously, redesigning your website for you wouldn't be free but I'd do it for less than what someone else would charge. What service are you using right now? Biggest tips with your current website, the snow goose audio that plays on the homepage I'd get rid of as it more than likely annoys most people. The background image of birds moving is cool, but unnecessary and takes the page longer to load. I received a 6 pack I ordered awhile ago from Bulk, would run an entire spread of their snows when the ground is soft enough so the same could be said for your decoys. Going to purchase 6 blues from you here soon, or whenever they get back in stock.

5. hamr504

It is not our practice to bash other decoy companies, but I do not believe the products are the same. for one we have legs on ours which adds more detail ,for 2 the paint is completely different.

6. 10gaBBB

10gaBBB Senior Refuge Member

Anyone heard from huntaholic21.? Thought he was doing a comparison "test" between the xpe foamer and the Eva plastic samples.

7. hamr504

I did a couple test, the Frozen test I will post on our Facebook page, I also did a Eva Crow and a xpe goose test I'll post that video later. There's no comparison. Not trying to sell anything to you guys really just trying to offer something that we believe in. Go on our Facebook page and we'll have some new videos up showing a pickup contest between plastic three quarters and our XPE foams.. also some motion Stakes we're coming up with

8. isu22andy

isu22andy Refuge Member

Wheres the test pics ? Any side by sides comparisons with the big boys ?

9. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

Well I was all set to do a review of my initial thoughts on the decoy. Ordered a sample EVA plastic snow goose. Was actually excited to open it up and see if I wanted to dump my hard bodies for a spread of these. Little surprised to find a Canada decoy instead. Would be a little apprehensive ordering a large quantity not knowing what might arrive. Will hold judgement on the decoys and company until I see if they make it right.

10. isu22andy

isu22andy Refuge Member

What did you think of the Canada ?