New York Flyway Forum Sponsors

H I P number link

Discussion in 'New York Flyway Forum' started by PaPaBear, Jul 13, 2011.

1. PaPaBear

PaPaBear Elite Refuge Member

2. ninethreeeleven

ninethreeeleven Senior Refuge Member

Thanks for this, just came here to find it after getting my new duck stamp.

Side note: IF YOU'RE HUNTING SEPTEMBER GEESE, YOU NEED LAST YEAR'S LICENSE, THIS YEARS DUCK STAMP & HIP NUMBER.

Most people forget this strange combo. NY license expires at end of September, Stamp expires at end of June. No idea when HIP expires, but you need the new one starting tomorrow.

3. marshgunner

marshgunner Senior Refuge Member

Sept 1st for new HIP #"s. Even though you're hunting on last years tag it's this years harvest.

4. marshgunner

I couldn't get a stamp locally this year. Post office dropped the ball so i got an E-stamp. Colorado issues them for no fee. You can carry the receipt for 45 days from date of issue before you need to carry your stamp.They mail you the stamp it takes 2 weeks. Better than driving all over the place looking for one.

5. huntyeraws

huntyeraws Elite Refuge Member

Why do folks on this forum continue to drive around wasting time and gas searching for a duck stamp at your local post office? :scratch You have been able to buy duck stamps on-line from the US post office for several years now. $15 with $1 shipping charge delivered to your door via USPS in about 3 days with a nice certificate to boot. I have been posting this here for the past few years, even earlier this year. No pain or worries. :tu

Here is the link -
    LINK

6. PaPaBear

PaPaBear Elite Refuge Member

I bin getting my stamp at the same post office for over 10 years now I pick it up when they come out right after taking the dog for a swim and seeing if there are any ducks and geese there. They all ways carry them at the Grate River post office
    papabear

7. marshgunner

Same here,post master retired and the new guy,not a waterfowler,didn't order any. Had some "gift birds" land in the bay in front of the house so a quick on line purchase kept me legal:joker