Had a great youth hunt this morning

Discussion in 'Louisiana Flyway Forum' started by borntohunt, Nov 4, 2017.

1. borntohunt

borntohunt Senior Refuge Member

We had a great youth hunt this morning. Didn’t hear anyone else shooting but the 4 kids I took had a blast and we or I should say “they” shot a couple of limits. Anybody else go on a youth hunt today?

Specklebelly1973 likes this.
  2. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Glad it went as it should for your gang.

Was in the marsh early yesterday working on my blind, and I was soooo very glad I had no youth hunter to disappoint with the lack of a flight. Know some places are seeing a lot of game, but mine isn't one of them. Yet...

3. Duck Enticer

Duck Enticer Elite Refuge Member

Some friends of a friend limited on specks both days in Oak Grove this past weekend. 3 man limit on Saturday and 11 man limit on Sunday. Lots of young specks, but absurd pictures. A buddy of mine grassed and prepared blind in Bell City on Sunday. He said there were about 3K teal bunched up one section to the west of where we hunt.....Yeah, 3K. He said you could barely fit another teal in about a 300 acre piece of water. That spot might get honorable mention in Larry's survey. He also saw some specks on the ground about 50 yards from where he parked his car to brush. He said the specks saw the car and just calmly walked about 20 yards further away.

4. DU4life

DU4life Senior Refuge Member

Must be some big teal for only 3k to fill up 300 acres of water lol

5. gascrewgunn

gascrewgunn Senior Refuge Member

For real! Should be able to fit around 43,560 per acre with a bit of elbow room for each bird...so 3 acres would be a heck of a teal shoot at around 125,000 birds...of course there would be a few bootlips to fill out the unused teal spaces! LOL

6. Duck Enticer

Relax guys sheesh....why jump on a comment like that making all kinds of assumptions? By the way, there are tons of cattails, scrub brush, roseau, coffee beans, and sawgrass in this area, which constitutes approximately 300 acres. Everything outside this area is solid grass. Heck, maybe its 200 acres, maybe 150, although looking at it I think its roughly half of a section. The birds are mixed all in this "watery area". I am most certainly wrong about the number of birds and amount of water. The point is there are lots of teal.

I don't even know either of you, and we probably haven't had any personal conversations. By your screen descriptions neither of you are from Louisiana, so why come to this forum and criticize over a miniscule detail? If your going to add something to my comment how about something constructive and pertinent to ducks spotted in Louisiana or maybe a scouting report. Who knows, maybe your both accountants and suffer yourself on the details. If that's the case I apologize for the rant, count away.

River_runner61 likes this.
  7. Rick Hall

This is the Internet, and that's how it works.

Engstfeld likes this.
  8. Duck Enticer

Yeah, you're right. Generally speaking I wish we (people) were the same in person as we are on the internet and driving. Maybe it is our true colors shining through in the anonymity of those situations.

9. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

I'll be honest, I was gonna make that comment but thought better of it after Rick shamed me for hurting his feelings on another thread.

10. Rick Hall

Flat excruciating. Have appointments with a cadre of personal injury lawyers to see which can squeeze the most out of you for it.