Halo's Progress on becoming a duck dog

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by LavenderLabs, Feb 21, 2018.

1. LavenderLabs

LavenderLabs Senior Refuge Member

Halo is 16 weeks old and doing wonderful in her training to become a Duck hunting dog.

2. Sasktrapper

Sasktrapper New Member

Good video! Good job so far!! I Ann getting a chocolate lab pup beginning of April. Be my first time ever trying to train a bird dog

3. serper3

serper3 New Member

I love your videos and enjoy seeing Halo's progress.

4. Easterncanadafowler

Easterncanadafowler Senior Refuge Member

who's training program are you using ?

5. EvanG

EvanG Elite Refuge Member

It seems like you're throwing quite a large mix of concepts and skills at her for 16 weeks. Are you focusing on any aspect of training in particular?

EvanG

6. KwickLabs

KwickLabs Elite Refuge Member

That is one very precocious puppy! At that age and what she is doing in the video seems easy for her. You mentioned awhile
    back that you are using Hillmann's puppy "stuff". She appears to be very comfortable with what you are asking her to do.
    Usually, a puppy at that age can be difficult to keep engaged at the distances you are working her at. Not this one. :sp

Since you are already using the e-collar most do not know the levels are very low. Therefore, it might be more appropriate
    referring to it as an e-collar and NOT a shock collar. Hillmann's re-enforcing technique is so low one can hardly feel it. For
    example, when Pounce was very young, an 11 on a scale of 0-100 was effective. I could not feel a thing. Her only reaction
    to telling me that she felt it was her eyes would blink (on cue). Therefore, the "shock collar" reference is somewhat
    misleading.

With one like this (very young) your challenge will be in maintaining balance. Nice pup....excellent work! :tu