Hand crafted duck calls ( looking for input)

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by Firefighterpk, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Firefighterpk

Firefighterpk New Member

I'm helping my brother-in-law out and getting a few of the calls he has made out for interest and input. I posted on the Mich sportsman forum and have had great ideas and enthusiasm with them. He turns these in his shop from blocks of different hardwood burls, acrylic or antler. The one I'm holding is from an elk shed. Thx for any ideas or thoughts.

Attached Files:

2. kellys

kellys Elite Refuge Member

Here is a thought, Many years ago when I started making calls the only option I had to get my name out was eBay, It took time but I sold a ton of calls on there and created a sizable following. I was able to start a web page and promoted it on here when I was a sponsor. Its just a thought and now you have other options like facebook, craigs list etc.

3. Firefighterpk

Firefighterpk New Member

Thank you for the input and ideas. I mentioned that to him as well as getting in touch with the local DU chapter or hunting / outdoor expos. I'm one that likes to hear a call before dumping a bunch of money on it. Until you had a following and made a name for yourself, how did you assure the skeptics that your calls sounded as good as they looked? I'm assuming that he'll have the same skeptics to convince. Thanks ahead of time for the Intel.

4. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

Pretty easy and simple. A website with sound files. YouTube videos of the calls. A Facebook page with videos of the calls. Not hard at all to showcase calls nowadays.

5. Firefighterpk

Firefighterpk New Member

Very true with the website. Was thinking about eBay with just the still pictures. He's computer savvy and can build a website. I guess he can just jump in headfirst and go that route.

6. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Depends on the price. For a $50, for a good looking call, I may take a flyer on a new unproven call maker with just a sound file. For a $100, getting to be a tougher sell. For $150, unless I can blow the call for a few minutes, not going to happen. If has a money back guarantee where I pay shipping back and seller takes plastic, it gets easier to pull the trigger and try the call. Otherwise, do the local route, various waterfowl and hunting expos, get name out along with Facebook.

7. Firefighterpk

Firefighterpk New Member

Info passed along. Thanks