Happy Easter

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by dakndug, Apr 12, 2009.

1. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

Happy Easter to all, hope its a good and safe day. My nephew fresh back from Iraq after 1.5 yrs over there will be here for dinner with the family! It'll be good to see him again. He's headed to Carson, Colorado next.

Doug

2. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

Right back at ya, Doug.....hope your Easter is a very happy one, and I wish everyone else out there a very Happy Easter, also. It's good to hear your nephew made it back home, safe and sound. I thank him for all he's done for our country. :tu He's one of the reasons I'm enjoying the great life I have. :clap

By the way, where have all the gals gone? This is supposed to be the Women's Hunting Forum.....come on ladies, we're not hearing much from you lately. :D

3. Blueyed-goof

Blueyed-goof Senior Refuge Member

HAH! I'm turkey hunting! And btw...HAPPY EASTER to y'all too.

I spent the majority of the day (after turkey hunting doncha know) taking seats out of my truck, removing wall pieces and center consoles pieces and removing the floor out of my truck...

Apparently there is padding under there...how the heck would I know that? Well since I basically drowned the truck (thankfully not the engine) and water came in the vehicle I was getting a fuuuhhhhhnky smell..like water souring fabric...ta-dah! I am informed by my brother there is padding under there...

So I tore it all out and it's all drying before it gets put back in. Then at the reccommendation of my brother, I changed the oil in the rear differential and then the engine oil (cuz the light was on). Apparently water was also in the rear differential. I don't know what that means, but I would guess it could be bad.

[​IMG]

Doug- I'm also glad to hear your nephew got back safe. My brother is potentially going to be joining the army and fly as an army warrant officer...he wants to fly helicopters...

4. dakndug

Thanks Mike and Dani. First thing he wanted to do when he got home was go shoot! So we did! :) Couple hundred rounds thru the AR and the XDM-40 and he was ready! He hasn't hunted before but is interested in getting into it now, so we're gonna get busy.

Dani, bummer on the truck! I would spray the insulation with Nature's Miracle to rid any possible continuing odor down the road. Since you have it all out already! Just a thought. Them turkeys will put ya thru heck won't they??? They'll make you do some funny things! :) I've waded a creek up to chest before to get on a bird! When I pulled that trigger I could hardly feel my fingers! I of course had no waders when I did it.

Ya'll take care, I start chasing boids on saturday!

Doug

5. Mrs. Ripline

Mrs. Ripline Senior Refuge Member

Happy belated Easter to everyone! Spent time with the family for Sunday breakfast after a very moving and beautiful church service. A few weeks a go, me and a bunch of other women spent 2 hours in an indoor shooting range and shot all of our pistols! That was a Lot of fun. It's been awhile since I shot all of the pistols. It really was a great time! I hit my target right betwixt the eyes!

Unfortunately, I do not have any access for turkey hunting, so I'm waiting to get up to the cabin and do some fishing. I have been retrieving every weekend for tower shoots at the local sportsman club. That is fun!

6. cowgirlnca

cowgirlnca Senior Refuge Member

Hey, I'm a day late.. ok two.. but from the sounds of it, everyone enjoyed their Easter!

I got bucked off my horse on Saturday, when he got spooked by a big truck as we were coming out of creek bed. OUCH, no broken bones this time but I'm banged up real good! Left wrist is really swollen and bruised, left knee too, over extended it some when I came off the horse to the right. Not to mention the left side of my neck, still unable to turn my head to the left. But, I landed on my right side, I think in the fetal position and my entire right arm, all up and down feels rather bruised.. I had completely knocked the wind out of myself and couldn't get a breath.. I iced everything and did this for a few hours:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Later I sat in the hot tub for a few hours before heading to church Saturday night.. it was 3.5 hours.. I only made it 3.25 before I stiffened up to the point of having to leave!

Sunday was great tho, my parents and siblings came over. Really small Easter, but was perfect since I was hosting and could hardly move. My husband did it all.. bless his heart.

7. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

Holy crap, Val.....sounds like a really nasty spill. I'm glad you didn't suffer any broken bones.....I'm sure you're hurting enough already without any fractured bones to add to the mess.

That's one heck of a nice group with those 3 arrows. :tu I didn't know you were into the "stick and the string" hunting. I have enough trouble with guns......can't handle anything more difficult than that. :no :l

8. cowgirlnca

Lord knows I've had so many broken bones, I'm thankful I escaped them this time. :)

Yup, started with my new Hoyt bow in December.. Almost got a pig.. but due to still learning to adjust to the different distances, I misjudged how far he was.. and my arrow went right under his belly. DOH Oh well, least I didn't injure him.

I'm heading to MT this fall for Elk/deer season(I'll find out tomorrow if I got drawn.. I'll go regardless tho (even if I just get in on a doe hunt), going for a few weeks. I've been working on 30 and 40 yard shots now. Getting better, but lots of room for improvment there.

9. dakndug

Hey Val, sorry to hear bout the horse spooking and tossin ya! Hope the healing continues quickly!

How many pins do you shoot on your sight? I shoot 3 myself, the first 15, 20, 25 the second 30, 35, 40 and the third 45, 50, 55 and can shoot it well out to 60. I try to limit my shots to 45 and in and I keep a cheat sheet taped to the limb just above the sight. Every shot, soon as I range it I peek at that sheet, then focus on the spot and squeeze. Some are comfortable with a pin every 10 yds and it comes down to what works for each individual. But a cheat sheet never hurts in those times when your nerves can get ya. My sheet completes with a lil note, "Pick your spot and squeeze" for motivation.

Good luck and great group and keep healing!
    Doug

10. cowgirlnca

I have 6 but only have the first three are set to 10 yrd increments..haven't touched the rest yet. I had to reread your post... I get it now.. very cool how you do it.. I will have to try that method. I'm really new at it all.. thanks for the idea. I like it.