Hardcore Goose Decoys

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by 81arnghunter, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Sdbrd

Sdbrd New Member

I just picked up some of the elite model specks. They are heavier than then the honkers I had from a few years ago. They are 1 piece and fully flocked. Supposedly the paint is armor coat. These are a hard plastic material. I found them on clearance and liked the poses. Normally 279.99. I would not pay that for them when you can get dsd or replicas for a little more.

2. calstefanko

calstefanko Senior Refuge Member

I bought a dozen of the new Hardcores this year and they are junk, the bases were even junk, the paint job is horrible and decoys are very weak, if you can find the hardcores during '04 '05 or '06 then get them, one of best decoys made

Ramblingman likes this.
  3. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Picked up a dozen of their Sleeper/Resters around Christmas this year when they were 50 per 4. Like them alot, but can tell that if they aren't bagged they are going to lose all their paint fairly rapidly. No way I would ever pay retain for them, but if they went back on sale for that price I'd get some more. Have some honker floaters back from around 2009-2010 that the paint still looks like new on after bouncing around unbagged in trailers/pickups but seems like that quality is really hit and miss. Only bad thing about those is the keels are removable and like to come off when your wrapping weights on them.

4. Munson

Munson New Member

Those old hardcores are the best! New not so much

5. Munson

Munson New Member

I happen to know a guy that will bring them back to life

Attached Files: