Hardcore Speck Decoys

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by mpkowal, Feb 12, 2018.

1. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Got a chance to check out the Hardcore flocked Speck Decoys and IMO they look real nice.Anyone use these.I am pretty soft on my fullbodies so I think I will get some.

2. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

If you're looking at hardcores, get the Rugged Series soft plastic models. We started running a bunch of rugged series canadas, as well as RS mallard and pintail floaters last fall and all have held up well. I think Hardcore is finally on the right track as far as product design and construction.

3. mpkowal

Thank you sir.I should have been more specific,those are the ones I like.I think they look as good as DSD and Replica.

4. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

I have 11 or 12 dozen Hardcores that are maybe 5 years old, and they are okay, but the plastic is a little thin. They have held up okay ( actually better than I thought). I picked up 2 dozen of the rugged series this year, and they look great. I don't think they look as good as DS decoys ( DS's are slightly darker), but they look great, and I'll be adding more to my spread next year, and likely replacing my old HC's all together.

5. baker aka goosenut

baker aka goosenut Elite Refuge Member

Hardcore is back on top of the decoy game. That company has turned a corner from the old company they once were. There decoys are top quality and some of the big names in the waterfowl industy are backing the product. I seen the product several times in action throughout last fall in big numbers 15plus dozen fullbodies and the decoys held up perfectly and werent babied in the slightest. I very rarely give a good review on a product but these decoys are back finally

6. mpkowal