Has anybody patterned the new, hevi tungsten loads?

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by California Flyway, Oct 30, 2017.

1. AIRBORNE6869

AIRBORNE6869 New Member

Well I don't know about the box that you have, but none of the 3 boxes that I have mention STEEL anywhere. Just 25 waterfowl shotshells.

AIRBORNE

2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Are we confusing our products?
    [​IMG]
    This one, the product of this discussion, says 'Tungsten' right under the 'HEVI'.

[​IMG]
    This one says 'Steel'

3. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

In the lower right-hand corner.....it says "25 steel waterfowl loads". Look closely, with a magnifying lens if necessary, and you'll see it.

4. AIRBORNE6869

AIRBORNE6869 New Member

Ok. Here is what I found. On my boxes in lower right corner is a label that says 25 waterfowl shot shells however if one removes that label there is in fact wording that says steel. So my friend you are correct if one reMoves the label.
    Thank you for cleairing that up.
    nuff said

5. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

I'll certainly take your word for it. When I try to zoom in, it all gets blurry.

So, box manufacturing mix up? Sounds like it. Slap a label over it instead of ordering all new boxes.

Siiiiiiigh. Would be nice if Environmental could get SOMETHING right.

6. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Moderator- Diver, NY Forum, Refuge Classifieds Sponsor Moderator Flyway Manager

Phelps,New York (Heart of the Finger Lakes)
    I tore apart a 12 guage 3" ,1.25oz 1450fps load of #2's. I didn't weigh the charge, but pellet sizes are all over the map. I singled out largest to smallest. 119 pellets, flax seed spacer. Most disapointing are the pellets. Not many round, some stuck together. Many with small t.I.t.s on them. They are semi metallic as they are attracted to a magnet, but only slightly. 1105171324.jpg

7. gadwall52

gadwall52 Elite Refuge Member

But do they kill ducks????

8. Native NV Ducker

Almost any shotgun shell will kill ducks. These will too. The question is, do you want to pay that much to kill a duck.

Tuleman likes this.
  9. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

On page 46 of the October issue of WILDFOWL magazine, the picture of the box of Hevi-X clearly shows "25 STEEL WATERFOWL SHOTSHELLS".
    That said, the November issue of the same magazine, on page 29 shows the box saying "25 WATERFOWL SHOTSHELLS". I don't know what to make of it....other than an "X" usually means an "unknown", so maybe their choice of names for this load is appropriate after all.

10. Native NV Ducker

Gotcha.
    If it sounded like I was calling you a liar, that would never happen concerning you. It was just that there is a lot of confusion concerning how EM names their stuff, so I thought you might have been confused as to the topic.
    I should know better than to try to think, at my age.

Tuleman likes this.