Have you seen these signs?

Discussion in 'South Dakota Flyway Forum' started by labrador, Nov 3, 2017.

1. labrador

labrador Senior Refuge Member

In your travels around the state or in your town have you seen the signs that say "sex trafficking increases during hunting season". I am not the type to get offended, but this sends a pretty clear message. That message being that hunters are the type of people that financially support sex crimes in SD. This is something people should be looking out for all the time and reporting concerns to law enforcement. Tying it to hunters as the source of the problem is wrong.

2. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

I have not seen anything like that.

3. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

Fact: sex traffic increases during pheasant season in SD. Fact: Pheasant hunters are the primary clients. The message is pretty clear to me: We should not tolerate the importation and exploitation of women for a bunch of "good ol boys" at a lodge, club, or bar. How many dancers that come to SD during pheasant season working in Dallas, Winner, Mitchell, etc. get propositioned do you think? Of those, how many accept, either willingly or because they are told to "or else?"

spaightlabs likes this.
  4. labrador

labrador Senior Refuge Member

Are you comfortable with the assertion that hunters are more likely to participate in sex crimes than any other group per capita?
    Not trying to be obtuse but it paints a poor picture. Stiffer penalties are needed when people are caught not disparaging hunters as a group IMO.

5. theduckguru

theduckguru Elite Refuge Member

This has been happening in ND and SD for a the last 40 years. The hunters arrive and the pimps bring in the prostitutes.

6. BB-Shot

BB-Shot Elite Refuge Member

Seen a bill board in Watertown I hear local Watertown radio stations advertisements about sex trafficking all the time Watertown claims to be a hub for sex trafficking because of the highway systems that goes though town. I haven't heard or seen anything about hunters or fisherman making the problem bigger bad wording if they are advertising sportsmen groups. The proper wording should be during tourist season to in clued everyone that visits the state not single out a single group classic fake news.

I don't know I don't go out after dark I have never been to Mitchell only seen it from the freeway Winner never been there so night life very good during tourist season?

7. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

Hunted around Winner for the last 15 years - many a year witnessed the owner of the Warrior kick hunters out when she caught them with hookers.

I'd say that yes, hunters are the folks that are the cause of the girls being brought in.

8. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

Kinda like another other big convention that's being held in the US.

9. spankylabs

spankylabs Refuge Member

Big time in the news in the Twin Cities recently. Says the increase in due to the Super Bowl coming to town. Does that mean all football fans are the cause?