Having issues with a polar Kraft tunnel 1860

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by DeLaGwyn, May 6, 2018.

1. DeLaGwyn

DeLaGwyn New Member

this may have been explained before so sorry. I am new to the whole tunnel hull boat I bought a 2001 polar Kraft 1860 center console tunnel hull. Having issues with getting it set up it will not run flat. Digs down in the back and I added a vent with the plate still digs down tore out the floor and added new foam didn’t help. Have a hydraulic jack plate and trim still doesnt help if I trim it or raise the plate boat starts to hop out the water. Boat has a 50hp evinrude 4 stroke. If anyone is running the same boat I have please help me before I remove my hair thanks in advance.

2. DeLaGwyn

DeLaGwyn New Member

If anyone has any input or can help me anyway would be great no one around where I live knows anything about them

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

It's Sunday. Let the thread breath a little.

4. DeLaGwyn

DeLaGwyn New Member

Sorry I just joined today.

5. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

I know, I approved your application.

If you look at the Boats, Blinds Forum page, and see where your thread is listed, you can see the views. that is how many people opened it and read it. Right now, it has about 45 views. The one below it has 4 replies, and over 130 views. When someone has input to give, they will.

You will have some answers Monday or Tuesday. I think more people read this forum at work instead of home. :l

6. calling4life

calling4life Elite Refuge Member

Alright, 1860 tunnel, 50hp, you have a jackplate and power tilt/trim. "Digs down in the back and I added a vent with the plate," explain that further
    When you say added a vent with a plate, do you mean that you added a vent to the tunnel?
    Do you have a compression plate on it? For example, the ocean guys run a lot of boatright, trans sports boats, manta rays, shawWing, I have the Trans Sport Boats one on mine.
    How's the prop hookup? Do you have a heavily cupped prop that allows you to run that jackplate high without losing grip?

Weight distribution in the boat? If your center console is behind the midpoint, gas tank, batteries, and everything else are behind the midpoint, move stuff forward to help it run level.

Do you have floatation pods on the back?
    Do you have trim tabs on the back?

7. lax

lax Elite Refuge Member

Do you have a jet tunnel or a prop tunnel?

8. DeLaGwyn

DeLaGwyn New Member

It’s a prop tunnel. And yes I meant a vent for the tunnel with a compression plate over it. And the prop now is a 10 1/2 X 14. I can’t trim the jack plate or motor without the boat hopping out the water. And when it’s trimmed down it’s spraying water over the transom and getting in the boat.

9. DeLaGwyn

DeLaGwyn New Member

And yes the console does sit a bit back and batteries gas tank etc is in the back

10. lax

lax Elite Refuge Member

A photo or two of the setup would help.