Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Having issues with a polar Kraft tunnel 1860

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by DeLaGwyn, May 6, 2018.

1. DeLaGwyn

DeLaGwyn New Member

Mine can’t run very high to begin with cause it starts porpoising

2. DeLaGwyn

DeLaGwyn New Member

So raised the motor all the way up cause the cavitation plate was way too low now going to have to raise the hydraulic plate up because it’s still too low. But boat is still doing the same as it was riding real low in the back and high in the front with 3 people on the front wel over 400 pounds of people on the front with a yet 65 filled with ice and a 100 pound lab still the same effect. So not real sure what to do next besides trim tabs

3. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

Have you run a carpenters line from the bow to the stern (down the middle) to see how straight the hull is to the line? PolarCraft hulls back in the day, seemed to have an inordinate number with "hooked" hulls. Back in the late 70's we had an employee benefits program with the company at their Holly Springs facility. All I will say is the average caliber of their employees was on a par with Jiffy Lube. This obviously raises the QC issue however, I can't speak to their current operations.