Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Having Problems With Your FOID???

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by drylok, Jun 2, 2012.

1. outside

outside Senior Refuge Member

Here's the reply I got from my state reps. office:

I just talked to the State Police in Springfield and unfortunately I do not have great news.

Apparently the State Police are weeks behind and now with the new conceal and carry legislation, they are trying to get certification ready for that.

I was told it could be another 3-4 weeks before they will get their FOID cards. They are both still in the background check process.

I would be glad to check back again in another week if you would like.

So in other words more excuses which now include what they perceive as the added burden of having to deal with the new carry legislation.

2. drylok

drylok Elite Refuge Member

Just hang in there, the guy in charge of setting up ltch is on our side. Were makimg progress even though it may not seem like it on the outside

3. outside

outside Senior Refuge Member

My state reps office called this morning. She followed up again yesterday with the ISP. Supposedly one of my kids cards has been processed and he should receive it in the next 7-10 days. Assuming it is 10 days then it will have been a total of 146 days since the ISP cashed his check back in mid March.

4. drylok

I'm sorry, hang in there cause we are going after them either judicially or legislatively. I don't know which way Todd is going to decide to handle it but personally I think we can get it done legislatively in a more timely fashion even though I would love to sue their *** off. With the carry law in place and only needing simple majority to change it I think we can merge the two cards together and make it better for everyone. Timely turn around for gun owners and more/save money for the ISP.

5. jthunts

jthunts Elite Refuge Member

I noticed today my FOID is cracked from being in my wallet. Should I send in for replacement or tape it up and keep it. Its still fully legible its just abou the bottom 1/2" where the crack is, doesnt expire til 2021.

6. deadducks89

deadducks89 Senior Refuge Member

So if/when you merge FOID and CCW will CCW just be an addition onto the FOID card? Like say I get my FOID then a year later decide to become certified to carry. I wouldn't need to send for a new card would I?

7. duckgrinder

duckgrinder Senior Refuge Member

Don't know about this, I would like to see it though. New FOID is good for 10 years, new CCW permit is good for 5 years. If we could just get a sticker like we do for our drivers license it would work I guess. We just have to be able to get out FOID card on time to start with.....Still waiting on mine :mad:

8. drylok

I just think that if we hold the pro gun seats we have that by the time the first LTCH is due for renewal we will have fixed some if not most of the renewal process. I also think by the time foid are due for renewal for the people who are renewing them right now there will be no foid per say. I suspect it will either be A. If you have a LTCH the foid does not apply to you or B. it will simply be one card for both, very similar to Pennsylvania. This is merely my opinion and gut feeling based on conversations with Todd and others who shall remain nameless.
    Remember we're talking big picture long term here, 4-8 years.

9. benellimn2

benellimn2 Refuge Member

I have a question about the long wait for a food card. What happens when you want to purchase a gun and you still waiting for renewal and your old one is expired. The gun shop wouldnt take a check and an expired foid card. I would think this would be grounds for a lawsuit? This scenario happened to my dad this past year.

10. cop2hunter

cop2hunter Elite Refuge Member

^^^ Happens all the time ^^^