Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Having Problems With Your FOID???

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by drylok, Jun 2, 2012.

1. duckgrinder

duckgrinder Senior Refuge Member

I just recieved a e-mail from my senators office about my FOID. The ISP is saying even though my check was cashed on 5/16/13 it will still be another 4 to 5 weeks for processing. Well there goes early goose season, dove season, and the first part of squirrel season :mad:. My wife got hers back last month and we sent ours in together.

Has the IL NRA ever looked into this? All the CCW laws you want are not worth a damm if you don't have a FOID or ever get the CCW permit. I have called the ISP 2 times and have been in contact with my senator since June to no avail. Every time I talk to the ISP they tell me my backgroung check was done in early June, they just won't issue the damm card!!!

I know I am not the only one waiting on them but if we can't get these out how in the hell are we ever going to get the CCW permits issued?

2. outside

outside Senior Refuge Member

Check was cashed on 4/16/13 and card was received on 9/3/13. 140 days.

3. drylok

drylok Elite Refuge Member

wow:mad:

4. duckgrinder

At least you have yours, still witing on mine. Just called Friday again and they told me the same line of we are backed up.

Hey Drylok, why dosn't the ILNRA sue the crap out of the state police for breaking the law? If you want to really talk about taking your firearm rights away this is it. :mad:

5. duckgrinder

Guess what just showed up in the mail. Check was cashed 5/16/13 delivered today. 138 days :eek: let this be a warning to the rest of ya, look at your renewal date it's not going to get any better with CCW apps coming in too.

6. AmiableLabs

AmiableLabs Elite Refuge Member

Check cashed 9/3.

Thirty-five days later, no FOID.

State of IL and IL State Police in violation of law.

7. Hoosier1

Hoosier1 New Member

Just went through a nasty divorce where she used an OP since July of 2012 to keep me from hunting as a get even tactic.
    It was just removed. Do you think it would do any good to drive to Springfield to hand deliver the certified court document that says its been dropped so my FOID can be reissued? Any advice would be helpful.

8. cop2hunter

cop2hunter Elite Refuge Member

It would get lost just as fast as if you mailed it.......

9. drylok

drylok Elite Refuge Member

I would do it if I were you Hoosier but let me see if we can make arrangements ahead of time with one of our friendliest at the ISP. Ill see if Todd has suggestions and get back with you. What is an OP?

10. TJP

TJP Senior Refuge Member

OP-Order of Protection.

I know two people who just received their foid cards yesterday; exactly 31 days after sending in the application.