Headed to Anchorage

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by Duncan, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Refuge Member

Hey guys I'm headed up to ANC on Sat for a 10 day stint in our office up there. Will have the weekends off and was wondering if you could recommend any good places to go sight seeing, eat, or recommend a good guide I could hook up with to try my hand at Salmon and/or Halibut fishing.

Thanks,
    Duncan

2. dallen

dallen Senior Refuge Member

places to eat, brew house, snow goose, simon and sieforts, moose's tooth are a few places to investigate and all are fairly centrally located. Drive south on the Seward Highway, go see the portage glacier, can keep driving south towards the Kenai. All pretty nice looking country. If you get a wild hair, you can drive north toward Cantwell and take a long drive along the Denali Highway. May see some caribou in that area (most will be fairly high in the hills). Fishing usually starts heating up this week in the Anchorage/mat-su area. I'd offer a place in my boat, but its relative season and I'm pretty full for the next couple of weekends. Sent you a PM on guides

3. dallen

dallen Senior Refuge Member

Your box is full, send me an email and I'll give you the info.

4. Duncan

Duncan Senior Refuge Member

dallen,

Thanks for the info. and the offer concerning the boat, good to know relatives are in season wish I had a couple of tags for the Idaho season :) Cleaned out my PM so any info on the guides would be great.

Thanks,
    Duncan