Headed to S. FL

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by pukeko, Sep 28, 2015.

1. pukeko

pukeko Senior Refuge Member

Never been to Florida but I guess I'll be going the last week of January. I'll be seeking to shoot Mottled, Fulvous and Black Bellies. I'll be bringing my wife and I understand 3 can go on a permit ( STA 5 ) morning shoot Jan. 31.
    Anybody with knowledge of the area and would like to hook up with me, let me know. I'll be bringing a kayak.

2. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

Ill be at camp that weekend but I sent you a PM.

Good luck.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  3. Bocaredneck

Bocaredneck New Member

There's are rim canals and high water. Suggest a kayak for everyone. Will give further reports. Have 2 permits myself.

4. Shadowpup

Shadowpup New Member

I have permits for sta 2 on November 21st morning and sta 3/4 on December 19th afternoon . Never been to either one need help and suggestion. May have opening for both

5. Bocaredneck

Bocaredneck New Member

All the STA's you'll be with in 100 yards of other hunters and can be wild wild west. By far the best hunting. I've been peppered by shots at both. I've seen people shoot everything. Mojo's and north ends are best. Trying brown balloons with helium to create movement and ripples on low wind days this year. Waders and chairs are a must. Last year alot of shovelors, ringers, and teal early in morning. Evening hunts a little slow.

6. Bocaredneck

Bocaredneck New Member

Have been looking in to hunting around the sta's and the FWC head office told myself and buddies legal to hunt any where around them as well. Probably going to do alot more walking in on surrounding bodies of water as well. I hunt A.R. Marshall alot just for convenience and relaxing atmosphere.

7. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

Look at the map. Most of the area around is restricted state property or highway or private sugar land. Your contact could not have been more wrong

Sent from an small phone using fat fingers

8. eorlando

eorlando Senior Refuge Member

Shadowpup PM sent.
    Pukeko I will be there the 31st as well. Maybe I will see you there.

9. pukeko

pukeko Senior Refuge Member

This is the face to look for......and I'll probably be the only hunter there driving a rental car. 20140119_204635.jpg

10. Bocaredneck

Bocaredneck New Member