Headed to Southern Illinois for some pond

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by Greybeard, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Greybeard

Greybeard Elite Refuge Member

fishing the end of the month. Middle Son said he made connections with a pond owner that wants a BUNCH of BIG Blugill removed before they start stunting....but.....we must do it using Fly Rods ONLY! What a bad break!
    I guess the only thing that could be better is if they just happen to be Georgia Giants or maybe he mistook them for Redears. It's been quite a while since I tangled with a 3/4 lb. Bluegill on my 3 weight fiberglass FlyRod.:eek:
    I hope the weather lightens up and gives this old man a break!

2. Fullbored

Fullbored Elite Refuge Member

If this weather keep up with the 110 degrees and 20 mph wind there may not be a pond left:flame My parents here have a 10 acre lake and it is flat out the lowest i have ever seen it since we started using it over 15 years ago.

Either way hopefully you wear em out i know I did earlier this year when they were on bed

3. Greybeard

Greybeard Elite Refuge Member

......and he said the Pond is about 1 foot low BUT.....you can't even throw a cigarette butt on it without a hard take from a 'Bull 'Gill or a descent Bass.
    We'll be leaving tomorrow about noon and I can't wait to get the hell outta Springfield for a couple of days!
    I've got a couple of new Flys I wanna try and an empty Whiskey Flask that needs refillin' and I'm really looking for a bunch of fun with these guys.
    I've been advised that Ibin and Ubin (da Swiggin' Brudders) will be dere!:tu (That always holds the possibility of a home-spun video!)