Headed west in the morning

Discussion in 'South Dakota Flyway Forum' started by Mean Gene, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

Tomorrow morning I will start my trek back to the west coast where I will do my best to kill ducks and geese through the end of January, then catch steelhead and carve decoys, get my wife a new knee, and then we'll be back out here in May. This was an abbreviated year here for us, but we knew that going in. I've been blessed to have been able to spend time in several places since we sold our house in California and bought in South Dakota. I've crossed things off the bucket list and discovered many wonderful places and people. I can only hope my adventures continue in such a positive manner while we winter in Oregon and Washington. There has not been one single day that we've regretted our choices, and we've already got a basic game plan for next year that includes a lot more time here while still allowing us to enjoy other things that are important to us. We're looking forward to next year, but this one is far from over. :tu:tu

BirdJ likes this.
  2. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member

Safe travels, will catch up with you next spring.

3. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Have a safe trip and enjoy getting back to Kalifornia. You are going to miss the ice fishing and snowmobiling and shoveling snow . Sure you don't want to hang around for winter??

[​IMG]

4. Mean Gene

That looks very tempting. :l I won't be in California unless I go to visit. I will, however, be stopping Thursday in Washington on the way to Oregon so I can get started on killing my west coast ducks. :tu:tu

BirdJ likes this.
  5. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Good luck

6. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

Back in May? You're going to miss out on some of the best shallow water walleye fishing. :)

7. BB-Shot

BB-Shot Elite Refuge Member

Be safe out there I'll be out there in five weeks so I am right behind you it was very cold standing in the cattails today not a minute by that there wasn't something in the air.

8. Mean Gene

No choice this year. Wife won't be done with physical therapy for her new knee until then.