Heading to the Sarasota area

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by jumpmaster23, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Capt Jeff Kraynik

Capt Jeff Kraynik Elite Refuge Member

Call me & let me know how it went!!!:tu

2. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

Capt. Jeff,

The Old man is still guiding. We see him every weekend, dishuffled hair and 1970's boat. Still convincing guys that those white billed "ducks" are not coots too...

*** If you are hunting the Okeechobee Area ***

Use Southern Flight Outfitters out of Okeechobee. Capt Shannon Peterson and Capt. Ryan Hathoway. Both are USG Licensed and they hunt out of the Fast Break and you can see them on facebook. All new mudrigs and have been hutning the area forever and know it.

Book through the Fast Break / Okeechobee Fishing Headquarters
    866-824-2474

or direct

S Peterson
    863-634-7616

R Hathoway
    863-634-2756

If you want the East Coast you go with Capt. Jeff who is also a UGA guide (above) it's all about where you want to come and what you are looking for. Call them, check out their sites and go from there. Most of all talk to the guys here and esle where and get some ideas before you go.

The key is see if they are actualy a licensed Capt.

I think it goes a long way when someone goes the extra mile to prove themselves as the above mentioned have.

Go with the locals. Ask around then make your own determination. Be safe and have a great season.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  3. Waterfowl fool

DMJ, I'm not hacking for anyone. But when guys put there time and money into getting Capt's licensing like the two guys I put up they deserve to be recognized. Jack Byslma is another wonderful guide here in the Big O that hunts and also has his license.

Your letting your friendship make you bias. I too have sent numerous people to Bender over the past years but when it comes to open water hutning or hunting this lake it is REQUIRED BY LAW that they be a licensed Capt.

Thats all..

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  4. Capt Jeff Kraynik

Capt Jeff Kraynik Elite Refuge Member

Fool,

It's my understanding the old man died.

I know RGS is no longer using airboats on the lake, only mud rigs.

Had a couple of clients this season that hunted with them last year & they confirmed the use of the mud boats.

I was told that one of the old captains not related to the family is still doing the "drop & bob" but then again, it's a whole nother world on the lake.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  5. Waterfowl fool

Wouldn't be the first time I would be wrong.... Maybe I am thinking the old fellar is the same bubba.

Call me I have a certain area where we saw some MONSTERS this year. There was one I swear to you was every but of 13.5 if not longer. One of the biggest I have seen in some time and in an area most NEVER go to.

Be safe - Nash