Hearing protection...

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by olepal, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

2. Docterduck

Docterduck Elite Refuge Member

They have those hearing aid kiosks inside. I was kinda shocked when I was told no charge.
    Like I said don’t know if they still offer that however check first.

3. Soggy Socks

Soggy Socks Refuge Member

JZOO is right only wish I had thought of that years ago. I'm in hearing aids for life now.

4. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

These days , there is NO excuse for not wearing hearing protection ! Working in a trade that is always noisy has reduced my hearing to a point of
    needing hearing-aids and I can tell you it is a PITA when blowing a Duck call or hearing the wingbeats of overhead birds . Take time to protect your
    ears , by wearing some type of protection . If you just research what it takes to reduce the db's you'll soon see Muff's are better than most but I'm
    not saying what you should use , anything is better than nothing.......Save your hearing along with your dogs , that way you won't need hand signals
    later in life ! :tu

5. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

I wear hearing protection without fail when working or target shooting. When hunting however, I forego protection. I like hearing the birds. Unfortunately, too many decades of hunting have affected my hearing and now I can hardly hear the birds anyway..............
    So, guys, save your hearing; wear ear plugs when you shoot.

stevena198301 likes this.
  6. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

I've been told , if you don't cover your Temporal Bone (located behind your ear) you are only protecting 50% of your hearing......wish I knew that a long
    time ago ! Plugs of any kind don't give you the protection you need while shooting , unless they are under Muff's ! There're some really good electronic
    sound enhancing Muff's out there ! Check them out .