1. MMRemington

MMRemington New Member

Hi All,

I moved to Idaho a few months ago, and decided (now that I'm settled) to start learning more about hunting, as this was one of the reasons I chose to move.

Quick background: I'm new, as in I've never hunted before. I've been shooting a couple dozen times, but haven't gotten out into the field. The main reasons were nobody I know hunts, and nobody back in CA was willing to take me out & teach me. None of my friends hunt. A lot of people have the opportunity to learn from their dad, or uncle, or grandpa, a family friend or neighbor. I unfortunately didn't grow up with that opportunity, but have always had this admiration for hunters & the outdoor lifestyle. I've been an avid fisherman since I was 4-5 years old, but going out fishing for a day is a little different than going on a hunting trip (well, at least I imagine it would be. Having never hunted, guess I can't say I know from experience!)

Anyways. I came across this forum, read some of the posts, and found myself thinking "these guys & gals seem to know what they're talking about, and there seems to be a good camaraderie here", so setup an account and here I am!

I look forward to learning more from everyone here, and am hoping I'll get the chance to share some success stories of my own in the future.

Best of luck to everyone!

2. DuckWine

DuckWine New Member

Welcome, from a newbie to The Refuge! You might try the new app, "Powderhook". It's a mentoring app for new hunters. I listened to a Fowl Front podcast with the creator as a guest. Seems like a great idea for guidance to learn hunting. Good Luck!

3. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator Flyway Manager

Welcome aboard! As you've doing, continue to surf around the 'fuge. Judging from the posts from other ID 'fugers there are opportunities out there. :tu

4. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

5. MMRemington

MMRemington New Member

Thanks a lot everyone - I appreciate the welcome and look forward to posting & reading more on here!

Best,
    MMRem