Hello from the Cove

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by Wet Waders, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Dizzy Duck

Dizzy Duck Elite Refuge Member

I love the "Bokeh Blob"! :joker:D

The whole park is gorgeous with Cades being one of my favorite areas. Gosh when I go, I usually get very few pictures and spend more times exploring the high country streams for big Brookies, but then not in the summer as most of the good stream pools become swimming holes for tourists and locals!
    If you are going to be there over the fourth, either Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge (I believe Pigeon Forge) has a midnight parade which can be a hoot for the family especially if the Shriner's are there with their little go-carts. Watching those old geezers do their little performance is a blast!

I love the park in early April for the solitude, fishing and scenery before the damn tourist get there!

Dizzy

2. Wet Waders

Wet Waders Senior Refuge Member

when i get home, i will share some tourist stories....unbelievable with the bears

i was going back out at dawn but we got stuck behind a diesel truck last night and the exhaust fumes have my eyes swollen bad....so a day of rest is in order

3. Wack

Wack Elite Refuge Member

I can't believe some of those goobs over there haven't been mauled by a sow...I think they forget sometimes that they're still dealing with a bear. :scratch

4. Mountain Duck

Mountain Duck Elite Refuge Member

Actually a woman, and her son (I believe) were killed and consumed a short few years ago in the park. I don't think it was in Cades Cove though. The womans camera was in the bears stomach, and the pictures showed she was way too close apparently!! :eek:

5. THE PHOTO KID!

THE PHOTO KID! Senior Refuge Member

I really like the 2nd image! :tu

6. Wet Waders

We didn't do much today except ride around and walk shops like the average folks. Everyone was a bit tired and being on the run for more then 24 hours straight took its toll.

My son Ryan loves to stash "treasures", and had already scored several cool rocks. Momma told him no more and I was able to sneak a shot of him getting in just one more:l

[​IMG]

7. Wet Waders

I was sickly most of the day, ending the day meeting "Ralph" in the bathroom. Alarm is set for 4 am so hopefully a good day will be on tap for us tomorrow

[​IMG]

8. Wet Waders

Haven't seen any fawns, but i did see several Doe's that were ready to burst

[​IMG]

9. Wet Waders

Both my kids would spend all day visiting the different homesteads. Then they would go into the different visitor centers and CC the images. Awesome to see two youg kids so interested and appreciative of such things.....maybe i am doing something right:sp

[​IMG]

10. Wet Waders