Oklahoma Flyway Forum Sponsors

Hello! New to Oklahoma, not to this site

Discussion in 'Oklahoma Flyway Forum' started by DisplacedDuck, Nov 9, 2018.

1. DisplacedDuck

DisplacedDuck Senior Refuge Member

Greetings everyone! I'm new to OK but not to Refuge Forums; I typically hang out on the habitat forum. I recently moved to OKC having temporarily resided in Texas/Louisiana with my (old) permanent residence being Missouri. I thoroughly enjoy waterfowl hunting, and have heard it can be pretty good here in the state.

I am posting for two reasons:
    1) I don't want to know any secret spots or honey holes, nor am I even looking for in-depth analysis on specific WDUs, Refuges, etc. I just would like to know *SURFACE LEVEL* what the hunting is like in the certain areas of the state/what to expect. If anyone has experience hunting southeast Missouri you can use that as a comparison, as that's where I've done all my hunting.

- Do the ducks tend to follow river systems or are there certain areas of the state that they pass through regardless of water bodies?

- Does the state hold birds relatively well or is it more of a quicker pass-through state?

- Are the distributions of species pretty similar across the board or are there more X species in one area and more Y species in a different area?

2) I'd love to get to know folks on here, grab a bite or shoot some clays and maybe get in a hunt or two. I'm located in Oklahoma City; pm me if interested.

frozen okie likes this.