Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Help picking a boat and options

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by darkvibe, Jan 3, 2019.

1. JEREMY R

JEREMY R Refuge Member

So far so good this is my first season on it and I dont run it like the southern guys through trees and stuff I hit stuff here and there in the river and small lakes but nothing major so for me its holding up good I think it's a pretty decent boat I paid 17k for mine if that helps

darkvibe likes this.
  2. JEREMY R

JEREMY R Refuge Member

Oh and that's a beavertail blind

darkvibe likes this.
  3. darkvibe

darkvibe Senior Refuge Member

Where'd you buy from? I see a dealer near Williamsport that is 3 hours from me. Halls Marine. That's the place I plan to go look and talk to them.

4. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Damn, guys out here run 1860's with 115hp O.B. I think the least I would go is a 90 on that size boat.:yes
    If you're only getting 25 mph 2 guys unloaded, can the boat even get up on pad with 3 guys a dog or two plus decoys and gear?

Dek likes this.
  5. JEREMY R

JEREMY R Refuge Member

Oh I drove to Tennessee to get mine dealers here had to order one and I wanted it for the season

darkvibe likes this.
  6. JEREMY R

JEREMY R Refuge Member

Ya I should have got a bigger motor but we have alot of lakes that are 20hp limit and my boat is rated for a up to 75hp so I figured 50 and a 20 kicker. But after talking to the guys here at the boat place they told me they are under rated and a 90 would be fine so that's why I'm going to upgrade. But yea it will plane with a full load and gets me where I need to go my furthest run is about 4 mile

callinfowl likes this.
  7. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

I have an underpowered boat it's a 17' Gregor with a 40hp on it, like you said it gets us there and back but it drives me nuts 25 mph max.......it needs a 60hp 2 stroke on it big time. We don't use it very often we are normally using our Prodrive boat with 32hp prodrive, which is also underpowered for anything over 2 guys a dog and gear. I'm trying to help the O.P. from making the same mistakes we made when we bought our boats. :tu
    Whoever said slow and steady wins the race hasn't hunted out here.:no:l

8. JEREMY R

JEREMY R Refuge Member

Hahaha I mean here when its 15 degrees idk how much faster I wanna run my boat up the river lol 25 is about negative 20 with wind lol

callinfowl likes this.
  9. darkvibe

darkvibe Senior Refuge Member

Damn, you guys need to get there in a hurry. I'm currently hunting from a homemade sneak boat with 79cc motor that goes 4.5 MPH.

Fowler267 likes this.
  10. JEREMY R

JEREMY R Refuge Member

Hahaha took me some years to get where I am i started small!