Decoy Forum Sponsors

Help Wanted- Carry-Lite Decoy Value

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by Vandy Grift, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Vandy Grift

Vandy Grift Refuge Member

Hello,

On a Wisconsin waterfowl group page on Facebook somebody posted that they were looking for some older water keel style Carry-Lite decoys. Turns out I have a couple dozen of what he is looking for. I have one dozen Green Wing and one dozen Mallard Carry-Lite decoys new in the box. I sent him pics and he wants them but I literally have no idea the value on these things. I'm not looking to make a big score, I know they aren't rare or anything, but I don't know if they are worth $2 bucks a piece, or $10 bucks each, or somewhere in between.

Does anyone have an idea of a fair price for these decoys? Thank you!

IMG_0549.JPG IMG_0550.JPG IMG_0551.JPG IMG_0552.JPG

2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

You aren't using them. What 'I' think is fair might not be to someone else. You can check E-Bay, but sellers there are usually out of their minds.

So, that said, $3 is probably on the high side. (I wouldn't pay it) $2 is probably fair.

He 'wants' them, so he might go on the high side.

Rubberhead likes this.
  3. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

I think Native about nailed it. They aren't worth much in todays decoy market unless someone specifically wants them as in your case. (I wouldn't buy them) I would tell the guy to make an offer and negotiate from there. If you get $70 for all of them I would consider yourself lucky. You can get a dozen GHG essential series mallard decoys for $50 per dozen and they are 10x the decoy carrylites ever were.

4. Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton Elite Refuge Member

I'm in agreement, about $25/dz.

5. feetdownshooter

feetdownshooter Senior Refuge Member

25 dollars a dozen sounds about right. They may not be the best decoy on the market by a long way but I hate to think about the amount of ducks that were shot over those decoys in their day.

:)

6. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Carry-Lite...my favorite decoy as a kid (1980's).
    They looked good (compared to others, or so I thought) while they held their paint and were something I could afford.

Seeing as they are still in the original box AND shrink wrap, I'd ask $30 per doz but would take no less than $25.
    There is a market for them apparently (the guy who wants them that you mentioned).

7. Vandy Grift

Vandy Grift Refuge Member

Thanks Gents! I told him $50 a dozen. The cheapest of the cheap no-name decoys that they sell individually at Fleet Farm are 5-6 bucks a piece. We'll see if he makes a counter offer.

8. WHUP ! Hen

WHUP ! Hen Elite Refuge Member

As soon as he unwraps them the paint will start falling off.

ringneck5499, GUNNERX2 and Fowler267 like this.
  9. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

With their poorest durability paint scheme, Greenhead gear could not approach Carrylite's lack of paint adhesion/durability!

WHUP ! Hen likes this.
  10. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

50.00 is what you can probably get