help with 45 mud buddy.....

Discussion in 'Mud Motors' started by THE GOTDUX, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mud Doctor

Mud Doctor Elite Refuge Member

We can go on all day about examples of component failures on all brands, motor breaking off boats, defective lower unit bolts, gear oil in driveways, chiped gears, faulty rear bearings and oil pumps, broken clutch bands, actuators and belts. Everyone has gone through a learning curve and good customer service prevails. Mud motors today are the most dependable sportsman have ever seen.

Lets stick to the point I am making. :rolleyes:

Editorial: If I had a new motor and have a hot new prop and I got unbelievable record performance, I would have taken that set up to every public event the past six months, run a video with 7 people in the boat running over 20 mph, would have given three test units to the public for use and their assessment. I would have run it everywhere with customers all over the country. I am not faulting the marketing plan, but do question the advertised performance posted of the 36 here on this MB 45 thread. I voiced this concern six months ago. I realize much of this is puffery, but customers use information like this to make purchases.

Everyone knows we have the latest motors in testing, verticals and horizontals alike. We are informed and are a little concerned.

I have said this before. When this type information is posted way in advance of the release of the product, and when the product was deliberately not made available for public confirmation, that cheats all other manufacturers who not only post performance numbers, but have it verified by independent third parties, and give the product to the public as proof. I just don't like to see it posted as fact by dealers and prostaff with no public verification. A lot of mm manufacturer employees work hard and have families and this type of marketing is unfair and inappropriate. My position in the industry allows me to make this observation and voice this complaint. I am also a sponsor here and I am concerned about these things below my banner.

In the next few weeks the public will get the opportunity to run the new motors and verify the speeds posted by company reps, dealers and prostaff and used to sell the product the past six months. For our industry's sake, I hope the official posted speeds are true and customers get the same results.

I am also hopeful all new motors from all brands will be in California this month. This will be good for our industry. :grvn

2. hershdt

hershdt Refuge Member

to stump,the only way that motor got those numbers is if your boat was made of styrafoam and your gps was 10 mph fast.

3. rscholl

rscholl Senior Refuge Member

I would like to see more data just like what Stump posted for the 36hp.

We can debate how true those numbers are all day, but I haven't seen similar data for the MB 35, 42, or 45.

Glenn, how about posting similar data for an 1854/1860 size boat with the independent third party certification (which you claim to have) for public review?

Either way, the data Stump posted is part of what we as consumers need to decide which motor we want based on cost/benefit of different sizes and models. Performance is just one factor in the selection - but a huge factor, at least for me.

Thanks in Advance,

Randy.

4. markethunter

markethunter Elite Refuge Member

We'll see when the motor comes out......there has been no official claim by Pro-Drive.

That's what Stump said it would run. I don't think calling him a liar at this point it a real good idea seeing as how nobody really knows yet.

That sort of speculation is what has built one company.

On the other hand........Pro-Drive has not released any speed numbers and I expect that they don't release something extremely die hard in stone. Same reason I don't post speed numbers with our boats all over the net to have some fat boy run the same rig and get a MPH slower than I did and then claim I'm a liar.

Not smart.

The proof is in the puddin.

I'll strap a 36 on the back of my boat this month......and we'll see what the numbers are...... I already know what they are with a 35 Sport.

If y'all want to keep the jabs up this morning I'll go on and post some speeds I already know. Otherwise the time for Stump to eat crow will be in a couple weeks.

Relax.

5. rscholl

rscholl Senior Refuge Member

Post up an appetizer if you got one.

6. Mud Doctor

Lets put this to rest now. This thread is not about speeds, it is about a loose wire. Posting anymore is not productive and on the wrong thread. I believe another thread has been started in good taste to discuss PD 36 speeds further. That will be an interested place to get more facts and why.

This forum and most others don't allow bashing and thread hijacking. In respect of this forum and its administrators, I choose to abandon this discussion further.

All manufacturers make good products and we believe this industry has the best customer service anyone can find. We are also a small industry and know every detail about the products. This is good and bad.

Manufacturers are swamped now trying to get their products out to customers before fall. This is a good time to celebrate the industries accomplishments in motors, boats, blinds and hunting accessories.

So, lets get back to sticking to the thread topic and take this over to the PD 36 speed thread.

7. stumpgrinder

stumpgrinder Banned

I ain't hijacked sh!t! lol!...... until one of your MB DEALERS roped me into dis thread wit dis comment. Up until then da only post I had made on dis thread was only to help your boy fix his sh!t.

As far as da rest of your comments doc about trying to discredit me and those speeds I posted..... well time will only tell, but they sure do make you squirm don't they! lol! Since your obviously off your meds again let's take it to da 36 PD thread! :D :tu

8. stumpgrinder

stumpgrinder Banned

actually we've discovered a new material that's lighter than foam and doesn't crack as easy or melt when you pour gas on it! and my gpd is faster than anyone else's on here cuz it was tuned by Harold himself & tested by Leaky Wader!!!! :sp

9. Mud Doctor

Lighten up. We are just making the monkies dance with your post.

Threadjacking is a serious offense and the fiddle will start playing. This is a good forum and gets better every day because of its simple rules. That is why sponsors keep coming back year after year. This forum is the #1 forum in our world and we love it here.

10. Mud Doctor

hmmmmm, who is we?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.