Help with boat

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Randal, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Randal

Randal New Member

Looking to upgrade to a better rig and im in need of a little help. Im new to surface drives, longtails, and just really dedicated duck boats in general. I am looking for a 15-17' boat. I most likely will not hunt out of it. I am really not sure what I want for a motor. Leaning surface drive but dont know what brand or hp will be best. I'd like it to have decent speed. I would like to be able to get atleast 19-20 out of it. If you have any recommendations on length, width, brand. That would be awesome. My max price is about 16K for boat, trailer, and motor. Thanks

2. warrenwaterfowler

warrenwaterfowler Senior Refuge Member

Why wouldn't you want to hunt out of your 15-17' boat?

3. Randal

Randal New Member

In the hunting I generally do. There really it isnt a necessity to hunt out of a boat. Or atleast, ive never found it to be an advantage. My main goal with this boat was to get me and my equipment just about anywhere I need to go. I had a blind on my current boat but that 90 percent of the time I just ended up standing on shore or in the water. If i can get away with a 17 footer in my price range. I will hunt out of it. Thank you for asking that question because as I sit here now I am now questioning all of my previous statement. Lol