Here is what I am voting against in California...

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Squaller, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

You answer the question. I'm not obligated to research your question. Answer it if you feel it is important. Also...be aware...I've never said Trump was 100% correct in everything he says.

2. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

CA may be #1. I qualified my statement by saying “this side of the country.” Florida is like the California of the east.

Squaller likes this.
  3. TheDuckSlayer

I don’t disagree with you there. Between govt bennies and tax returns on more kids, it is more lucrative for them to sit on their azzes in their trailers and smoke Doral full flavors all day than it is to get a min. wage job at Dollar General.

Speaking of- the term “tax return” always bothered me... you see, for myself, and I’m sure for everyone posting to this board, it truly is a “return,” in the sense that we are getting a portion of our taxes back that we paid over the course of the year. But for the 300 lb trailer dwelling, Doral smoking beast with 5 illegitimate children, it is not a “return.” How can she get $10,000 “returned” to her in taxes if she never paid anything into the system to start with?

Man it chaps my hide.

Squaller likes this.
  4. TheDuckSlayer

I really hope this is a troll comment. Please tell me you aren’t serious, @Bear

5. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

Does it really take quantifiable data to understand the wisdom of "the apple don't fall far from the tree?"

6. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Elite Refuge Member

My Nephew, who though we are polar opposites on 99.9% of EVERYTHING, I am extremely proud of... He went to UC Santa Barbara where he majored in feminist studies and was the LGBT-Q liaison is now at Princeton with a full ride plus pay in a poli-sci doctoral program. He will be a college professor at age 28 having never really worked a job or been in the real world outside of school. Berni Sanders supporter FYI...

YL03

Bear, API and widgeon like this.
  7. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Honestly, I spent more time in South Beach than I have in LA by a long shot (that is where my graduate school was). I was never able to adapt to the S. FL culture, nor would I care to...

S. Florida was crazy...

Scariest thing I ever did was go dove hunting on a public area (got drawn) with a bunch of Cubans hunting near me. It is the closest I have ever come to getting in a "gun fight." If they could shoot at a bird, they did, no matter who or what was behind the bird being shot at.

One hunter shot another's vehicle (and did considerable damage to the car), and I thought for sure someone was going to get killed over that...

After the first 15-20 minutes, I moved my vehicle, and went to a less "dove-concentrated" spot...

Albeit, pheasant hunting on one particular CA public hunt was equally scary... Someone actually lost an eye (from being shot). It was a combination of the most pheasants, and the most hunters I have ever seen since or before. We quickly moved our small group to an isolated small ditch, quickly killed our birds and left...

Safety was of equal concern in both situations, but the aggressiveness of the Cuban hunters made the FL situation more "concerning."

8. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

Better watch it buddy, next thing you know you will be called a lib and an idiot!

Drop the facts bud.

9. hartfish

hartfish Elite Refuge Member

I live in a two-college town and know many professors across a variety of fields. I can't think of a single one that actually had real-world experience doing what they teach, not even the business professors. I think that is probably pretty common.

stevena198301 and widgeon like this.
  10. partyfowl

partyfowl Senior Refuge Member

My wife shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Just sayin.

yellowlab03 likes this.