Here it the future of LEO's and what we can expect.

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by Lip Shooter, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

I think it is just sad what is happening in the LEO field, worse conditions (under the micro scope) than ever.

Worse conditions = worse canidates

Worse canidates = worse service

It has to be hard enough being LEO and now this down town.

2. WWR

WWR Elite Refuge Member

This. It makes you look stupid.

I've had a few people get their phones out and I let them know right up front, "You're wasting your memory on your phone because you won't be seeing anything stupid from me to put on youtube."

A lot of depts are having a hard time finding qualified applicants. Thousands of towns across small town USA pay about $12-$18 an hour. I'd like to think that most depts around the greater Houston area are able to weed out most of the bad ones pretty quick. The larger nice towns have the luxury of having several hundred people apply for three spots. It's not hard to pick out good folks when you have those numbers applying. Unfortunately, small towns can't afford to pay what the guys in the bigger cities make.

3. summerjack

summerjack Elite Refuge Member

Dang. Most cops have a bad attitude. I have pretty big cojones but I would not pull out the camera phone... I can put on a pretty good show, yes sir no sir. I can swallow my pride with the best of them. I HATE going to court and I HATE pay expensive insurance rates and I am certainly NOT going to traffic school so I do my best not to leave with a citation.

$12-18 and hour? No wonder LUJACK started hunting over b&w..cant afford full bodies or truck at that pay rate:l

4. Dorkweed

Dorkweed Elite Refuge Member

Been driving for 34+ years legally now!!:yes

To all the cops that habitually say they issue as many warnings as they write tickets.....................I call BS!!!!!!!:reader:reader:cool:

Never once in all the time I've been driving.................on the rare occasions that I do get pulled over, have I ever been given a warning or warning ticket.

Most cops are FOS when they say that IMHO.:rolleyes::scratch

5. WWR

WWR Elite Refuge Member

I can pull my dept stats right now and prove you wrong.

You must keep getting stopped by traffic enforcement cops.

6. summerjack

summerjack Elite Refuge Member

Are you arguing with him:l

7. Lujack

Lujack Elite Refuge Member

I call BS too. I've probably written one ticket for every 500 cars I've pulled over during my 22 + tears on the job. If you want to talk about people getting arrested for crap that is a different story.

8. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

Yea but they all get to go home without being in a body bag or at the bare minimum a handgun emptied into them dont they, only good thing about the USA LEOs is they are such bad shots most rounds miss the victims anyway. :dv:flame.

9. ducknwork

ducknwork Elite Refuge Member

In my experience, they do give a lot of warnings. I've probably been pulled over 10-15 times and I've only had 3 or 4 tickets. Being honest and polite goes a loooong way. I've even gotten away with only a warning after trying to run from a state trooper. :l

10. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member