Here we go again, sad deal.

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by callinfowl, May 31, 2019.

1. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

Among many other things, you obviously have a basic misunderstanding of the word offended.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  2. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

I believe I walked away from the one who thinks he’s God on an Internet forum.[/QUOTE]

My comment still stands.

OneShotBandit and riverrat47 like this.
  3. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

This thread is a prime example of why you’re not supposed to discuss religion or politics. Nobody’s mind gets changed (ever), and the end results are always high blood pressure and hurt feelings.

4. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

My comment still stands.[/QUOTE]

Ok...

5. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

It's always kinda fun to follow just to see which of the guys who probably consider themselves reasonable folks will go on and on and on just get the last word.

There's gotta be a pretty easy algorithm so that a thread could lock itself after 'x' number of 'did to' 'did not' 'whatever' 'ok' type responses.

newduk likes this.
  6. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

It’s better for people to start dealing with not agreeing with everyone than escaping the concept all together.

On a side note, when did you start copy and pasting so much from pubmed?

Yeah, shutdown traffic on a site that needs hits and clicks.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  7. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

AMEN, Brother.

8. Allan

Allan Elite Refuge Member

Is it really a “choice”? It seems to me that it is more of a mindset thing. Some people are open to accepting that “faith” will take them to the promised land. Others are of a mind that the whole religion thing is a made up story to affect behavior and control people. And there is another group that truly doesn’t know if there is a god or not.

I don’t know that we really choose which group to be in, we just are what we are.

9. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

While this may be true for you, this is most certainly not true in all cases. While some approach discussion of politics and religion (all topics, actually) in a less than respectful manner, as has been pointed out there is great value in respectful dialog on all topics, if for no other reason to understand that others don't see things the way you do. It is sad how many fail to realize the detrimental effect of non-respectful dialog.

10. fishnfool

fishnfool Elite Refuge Member

Well said. Politics and religion are actually two topics I most enjoy discussing...much more than decoy spreads or hot cropping. I like having my viewpoints challenged, I like to test my beliefs by trying to explain them, I appreciate when inconsistencies in my positions are pointed out, and I strive to alter my views when presented with new information or "better" logic, and admittedly, I do enjoy poking holes or pointing out inconsistencies in others' logic or beliefs (although I try to do it respectfully, if that respect is mutual).

As a matter for fact, back in the day, the Fuge was an excellent avenue for such discussions and I've enjoyed many many great and respectful discussions on those topics with a handful of members....but yeah, more often than not I've been (and continue to be) called a liberal commie pinko atheist because I don't waive party pom poms and some people care more about labeling (incorrectly) than they do listening, understanding, or exchanging ideas.

Bummer your religion thread got shut down....guess the memes generate enough clicks (staunch agnostic here, btw).

Allan and spaightlabs like this.