Here you go h20....

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by buckmaster1, May 31, 2014.

1. buckmaster1

buckmaster1 Elite Refuge Member

Lakeland, Fl, Formerly from Gloucester, VA
    We lost a good one last night, but guess you're happy with that. The other officer shot was off duty, but responded to the sound of gunshots. To all of you Cop Bashers, GO TO HELL. I've been in law enforcement for 34 plus years and have seen too many officers killed in the line of duty. I know not every officer out there walks the straight and narrow, but can any one in any job say all their peers are 100% straight up. We do what we can to weed them out, but some of them you don't find til after something bad happens. Anyway, I'll get off my soap box. But for those of you that care, heres' the link to what happened last night.

http://www.wvec.com/my-city/norfolk/Three-dead-261368181.html

2. kc outdoorsman

kc outdoorsman Elite Refuge Member

Buckmaster - God Bless those officers from a fellow 10-81

3. musher

musher Elite Refuge Member

I understand your frustration with the entire situation but this just demonstrates to those that are less than totally understanding of LEO's that there is an "us against them mentality".

Unfortunately these incidents are a fact of life and will continue regardless.

4. buckmaster1

buckmaster1 Elite Refuge Member

Lakeland, Fl, Formerly from Gloucester, VA
    Guess not that many care when an officer losses his life trying to stop a killer. But look at the other threads of bad cops and see all the responses. There are two post about this event and very few comments. He died and left a wife and small children behind.

5. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

Thoughts and prayers to the fallen LEO as well as his family, friends and brothers in blue.

I could never do that job, too much bad stuff going on out there and too many punks with bad intent.

Thanks for your service.

6. 2eagles

2eagles Elite Refuge Member

I love a cop.
    Maybe I should change my signature line to say so.
    But I'd probably get hate mail.
    Prayers for those in Blue.

7. KillerClyde

KillerClyde Banned

Farming is more dangeruos than being a cop. I don't see ya copson here getting all bent when a famer dies.

8. iawaterfowler

iawaterfowler Elite Refuge Member

How many farmers get assaulted while growing our food?

"According to statistics collected by the FBI, 95 law enforcement officers were killed in line-of-duty incidents in 2012. Of these, 48 law enforcement officers died as a result of felonious acts, and 47 officers died in accidents. In addition, 52,901 officers were victims of line-of-duty assaults."

9. h2ofwlr

h2ofwlr Elite Refuge Member

Unfortunately, many good cops do die and it sounds like the guy in VA was probably one of them.

Buckmaster--why the personal swipe? If you took the time to notice I seldom start a topic about cops, and the topic that I started--the cop out right murdered 2 suspects when there was no threat to him or the others cops. Maybe it was just the timing of the events. But hey, to single me out, well what can I say, maybe it's just another example of a poor judgement call by a cop. :l

I do believe that LEOs understand the risk they are undertaking when they wanted to become a cop. Around here, there is higher risk of being killed by a vehicle hitting a LEO than by gun violence. And it's no different than a fireman knowing that a small % will perish while doing their job. It's the same with many other fields of work. So if you are not willing to accept the risks - then do not go into that line of work. We all have choices.

10. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

Sad your using this tragedy to legitimize bad cops, or cops that lie to cover for other cops.

Classless man and sad.

Peace to his family and friends.