Decoy Forum Sponsors

Herters

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by W&W, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Canadian hitman

Canadian hitman Senior Refuge Member

Do you like restle coating over burlap?

2. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

"I bet he could keep the stories going!" and the bourbon flow'in.:yes
    I'd of loved to hunt with the man as well, I still read through the old Catalogs and the "Bull Cook" books. from time to time.:tu

aka quackshot likes this.
  3. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

Thicken marine epoxy with glass microspheres to a runny peanut butter consistency and coat the bodies with that. After it cures wash it with Dawn detergent using one of those green scrubby pads. rinse well. Lightly sand. Bonding primer and then paint. Tough as nails.

4. Bigshootss

Bigshootss New Member

Ive got at least 10dozen, 3dozen original burlap from factory. I buy everything I can, averaging 5-8$ each. Would like to redo them with that armor coating that came from the factory, I have a dozen bills in that and they are indestructible. But the heads are fragile, especially in freezing temps late season. I love their look. Tough to wrap, and are heavy.

5. Bigshootss

Bigshootss New Member

Ive got at least 10dozen, 3dozen original burlap from factory. I buy everything I can, averaging 5-8$ each. Would like to redo them with that armor coating that came from the factory, I have a dozen bills in that and they are indestructible. But the heads are fragile, especially in freezing temps late season. I love their look. Tough to wrap, and are heavy.

6. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

You could always put Homer heads on them, they're anything but fragile.