Hevi 13 Magnum Blend Choke...

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by DrakeDuster01, Feb 15, 2013.

1. DrakeDuster01

DrakeDuster01 Elite Refuge Member

I am ready to order some shells to put on paper and Stoeger's offices are closed through next Tuesday. So, that leaves me to asking the 'Fuge brain trust this question. Is the factory Stoeger extended turkey choke capable of handling Hevi-13 shot? I will post this question on the shooting/reloading forum as well.

2. Chappy

Chappy Senior Refuge Member

I am sure that it will probably be OK to use the Stoeger tube, you may want to look into the Patternmaster Code Black Turkey tube, I have found it to be much better then any other factory tube. You can go to the Patternmaster site and read all about them.

3. Maineduckhunter

Maineduckhunter Elite Refuge Member

If you have any doubt, wait to ask them, might only be good for lead.
    If you do get the OK to try it, but it doesn't throw a good pattern, there are
    other options out there, depending on how deep your pockets are :)

Some tubes to consider

Indian Creek
    Pure Gold (what I use)
    Sumtoy
    Pattern Master
    Rhino

There are a few others out there that put up good numbers.

4. Hunter2012

Hunter2012 New Member

I shoot Hevi-13 and use the HeviShot turkey tube. It works really well out of my SX3 and Nova, patterns are tight and stay tight even 50 yards out. I have killed several Toms with the combo, the tube isn't all that expensive either.

5. chcltlabz

chcltlabz Elite Refuge Member

I've patterned just about every choke tube mentioned here and quite a few more with Magnum Blend and Hevi-13 in 5, 6, and 7s. The Hevishot tube outperforms them all with the Magnum Blend, and just about all the others with few exceptions in a couple guns I have.

6. DrakeDuster01

DrakeDuster01 Elite Refuge Member

Thanks guys. After swelling a factory mod choke and ruining the barrel shooting steel in a brand new Stoeger M3500, I'm a little sketchy about shooting Hevi anything through the factory turkey choke.

Brent, I appreciate the info on the hevi tube. It's good to know someone with personal experience with it. I've been looking at them for the past week or so and reading reviews. What I have found is that, for the most part, whoever buys a product and gives a review, tends to rate stuff as the best product ever. It doesn't matter whether you are reading reviews for the cheapest made bb gun reflex red-dot, choke tubes, xpert steel shot, or garden hoses.

7. jbrown

jbrown Elite Refuge Member

Hevi Shot tube

8. skiebuster

skiebuster Elite Refuge Member

hevishot, get a IndianCreek .660 for magblends and dont have any worries about swelling.

9. D-Man

D-Man Senior Refuge Member

Agreed! Same experience here!

10. shotgunner2012

shotgunner2012 New Member

Carlson's makes the Hevi tubes and they are designed around the Hevi products.