Hevi shot X

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Akstacy3, Jul 13, 2017.

1. markd

markd Elite Refuge Member

....and yet there are plenty of people on here that will scoff at/dismiss fellas when they post up a 30-35 yard pattern. I bet those same guys could bust 4/5 or 5/5 on your silly parlor game.....

2. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Roster did not find that to be true in all his shooting classes when shooting crossers. Most participants couldn't make it past the 20 yard hurdle. With 3 shots at 40, yes then odds go up considerably.

3. goosepit

goosepit New Member

Well that was not what i ways exspecting when EMI sent reply vack to shaun, that is far from what i was seeing when they stated shot was compressed from tungston powder and powdered binding components. I was envisioning itx shot actually round with band.....i will stick with reloading itx and or better yet bismuth shot...

With this x shot like old hevi steel there will be alot differrent shot sizes in.hull, defiently not wurth that price per box.

Goose

4. fowlogic

fowlogic Senior Refuge Member

goosepit, I doubt that it would be ITX. EMI only deals with shot of their design and mixture. The exception here would be their steel shot loads that are essentially the same as everyone else's.

5. Dave in AZ

Dave in AZ Senior Refuge Member

fowlogic, he knows EMI doesn't put ITX in their shells, he is saying that he "was envisioning ITX", hey? Imagining something similar... he EXPECTED based on the EMI promotional info and what SPatrick posted, that the HeviX pellets would be SIMILAR, CLOSE-TO, LIKE the ITX shot-- they stated the pellets were a compressed mix, which means you expect something popped out of a mold, like ITX... but in fact, the pellets are NOT that at all, they are the welding-slag type stuff of odd sizes that hevi-shot is, just less dense.

Once again the EMI rhetoric and marketing don't match what is actually found inside their shells when someone actually cuts one open.

6. fowlogic

Since 'teacher' jumped on my case I'll add, 'or like ITX' since the edit function is not available after the fact.

7. Dave in AZ

"Teacher" huh? Sometimes its better to just to say, "sorry i misread that..." instead of criticizing others when we make a mistake.
    Like this: thought youd like to know goose was saying something different than you understood, since you replied to him. Sorry, I misread you.

8. fowlogic

Sorry Dave, I woke up at 3:00 A.M. today with some kind of virus. I'm feeling kind of ornery. I can type without coughing, but I can't say the same about talking.

9. Dave in AZ

Lol, yeah, I was just logging in to PM you the same ;) The "no edit" thing on this forum bites me every time I get snarky, 10 minutes later I wish I could edit to a nicer phrasing or delete and doh! it's locked for life. The internet: carry a thick skin and don't post angry ;)

Well, get better. I guess everyone agrees the Hevi-X pellets don't look as nice as we expected hearing "compressed tungsten/binder", but it's better to have such a load out there than not.

10. baltz526

baltz526 Senior Refuge Member

Sounds like Hevi x is just the return of the original Hevi-steel. Which was a good load. Of course they could not call it hevi steel because they already reused that name, On "Not" hevi regular steel shot. EMI even lies to their pro staff about their products. When I bought the original hevi steel 3" 1 1/8oz #2 I paid $19.95 a box of 25. With inflation due to nearly a decade of the fed monetary easing (emailing a couple trillion $ in credit to banks) the price per box of the new hevi-x is very reasonable. Not a good buy, but a reasonable price. I will just shoot my 10ga BPS and reloads at about 1/3 the price.