Hey Cowgirl - Happy Birthday!

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by jhegg, Mar 8, 2010.

1. jhegg

jhegg Senior Refuge Member

Did you win big? How did Cabo do?

Jim

2. cowgirlnca

cowgirlnca Senior Refuge Member

Thank you for the birthday wishes.. but I'm not going til the 13th.. that's actually the day of my bday. I hope to win but I'm going to limit my spending and hit the bar, there's a live band so I'm gonna go do some dancing :)

As for Cabo, he's doing amazingly well! The trainer said he's learning by leaps and bounds and so smart, just need to focus him. He's probably leaving this Tuesday to go back to Idaho w/ his trainer :( Was supposed to be around longer and I was looking foward to spending my next few weekends throwing birds for him but it's ok. My arm is sore from the past two Saturdays!!!! LOL

Thanks again :)

3. cowgirlnca

[​IMG]

Here's Cabo just chilling... those ponds are awesome where we trained (called Billy's place, or used to be CL2 - Rex Carr's place or brothers place, not sure). There are 10 ponds all of em are set up for different exercises. I've never seen anything so cool!

4. jhegg

Cowgirl,
    Do Kimmie's puppy's need outside training? My wife wants to get a "small" dog for our grandson. I'm not impressed with "small dogs". I would like to get a lab that would work for ducks and upland game in ND. Any ideas? (Kimmie - Please chime in also!)
    Jim

5. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

Happy Birthday Val! Hope it was a good one!

Doug

6. jhegg

Doug,
    Val is wining, dining and dancing the night away! Good for her! BTW, do you ever get up to ND to hunt?
    Jim

7. cowgirlnca

Um, well, I don't think Kimmie's puppy's need any outside training anymore than the next dog. I guess I'm not quite sure what your asking. As of outside training for my dog, well, I dont have the skills to train him to do what I want him to do, he's my first for training to run hunt tests.

As for his size, he's 58-60lbs, so not big. I couldn't be more pleased w/ his size tho, he's perfect! I have an 85lb lab and he takes up too much room on the bed..LOL

8. cowgirlnca

I had a great birthday, first watched some of the hunt test, then back to my gf's who made a great dinner for me and then cake of course.. then packed up our bottle of patron and beer and headed for the bus. What a great safe way to spend the evening.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The gambling was good.. won 40 bucks.. but think I spent it drinking shots and scooby snacks... ugh.. lol OH well. Easy come easy go! The band was rockin and we danced all night long! :):grvn THe bus ride had a raffle and I won some beads.. lol good times

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. jhegg

Cowgirl,
    Great to see you had a good time!
    Jim

10. jhegg

I guess what I'm asking is can I get a good dog that my wife and grandson would like in addition to being a good retriever that would require minimal training.
    Jim