Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Hey, dkhntin

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by idux, Sep 15, 2000.

1. idux

idux Senior Refuge Member

I was reading the Utah Forum. I was also born and raised in Logan and have been a terminal duck and goose hunter for over thirty years. I'm sure you probably hunted the back waters of Culter Dam. I used to walk in from Valley View Hi-way as a kid and hunted that out- side edge. My family hunted that area since the 50's. I have great memories ofthose days, but Boise has much better hunting,so good that I passed up oppurtunities to move back. I still have many friends back in Logan and even go back and hunt with them if I can arrange it, and I bet we know some of the same people.

2. dkhntin

dkhntin Senior Refuge Member

Where did you go to school I am really from River Heights and Graduated in 75 from Sky View.

I got my only Game Violation on the Marsh, I was 15 hunting without an adult, I had a limit of ducks and the guy let me keep them.

He said he would have let me go but he was training another warden.

Tell me some guys from Logan you know.

------------------
    Wings Set!!!
    Dkhntin

3. idux

idux Senior Refuge Member

Graduated in 73 from Logan High, I used to know half of Logan, sure has grown since I left.You might know Dee Ashcroft, he taught at Sky View in the mid 70's then became principal. I hunt with Wendell Shephard who has written a few articles for "Waterfowl Magizine". Scott Watterson and Gary Stevenson who started up ICON mfg. that produces treadmill and exercise equiptment for half the world. The Larsen's that own Al's Sporting Goods. Bill Greider who is now the best duck hunter in Cache Valley,( since I left- hehehe). Ben Jarvis who hunts a lot and is big into D.U. Frank Stuart who's son is playing football for U.S.U. any way you might know some of those guys.