Hey guys! Here's some pictures of the Ol W. W. Greener!

Discussion in 'Upland Game Forum' started by Greybeard, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Greybeard

Greybeard Elite Refuge Member

....here on the "dark side of town" several years back and I had a guy offer me $800.00 cash for that old gun.
    When I told him a little about it's history he just smiled and said "I reckon there ain't no chance of buyin' it but....thanks for the story."
    I had a Stevens Favorite .22 that was like new when I was a kid. Bought it from another kid for $5.00 and sure wished I'd hung on to it. I killed a lot of Squirrels with it.

Yep!....there I go....ramblin' on and on......:sp

2. theswampthing

theswampthing Elite Refuge Member

Dan, that is a sweet gun. I remember you saying that the barrels were paper thin. Too bad you couldn't shoot some low pressure 2 1/2 inchers out of it.

I have my first .22 still and always will. Its a Daisy Legacy. Pretty cool little gun.

3. waterswatter

waterswatter Elite Refuge Member

I enjoy reading threads filled with memories of hunts and adventures from long ago.

4. RedEyed Duck

RedEyed Duck Elite Refuge Member

I completely understand, guess we all own a thing or two or ten that one couldn't put a monetary value on and would be considered priceless. I traded the first gun I ever bought with my own money (lawn mowing money) many years ago. I also regret that transaction, so much so I have not sold or traded a gun since. I have added to my collection but none have departed and they won't until it's time to hand em down to someone else that will appreciate them!

5. Greybeard

guns to my 3 Sons which include 3 Browning A-5's, 2 Winchester 94's in 30.30, 1 Marlin 336 in 30.-30, 1 Marlin Semi-Auto in .22, 2 Remington 510 Targetmaster .22's, 1 AYA SxS .410 Double with AA grade Stocks (beautiful Turkish Walnut Stump Wood), 1 Mossberg 20 Ga Bolt Action with a Vari-Choke on the Barrel, my Dad's old Single-shot .410 (Springfield Arms) and a Stevens Single Shot 12 Ga.
    I always wanted a Remington 870 Wingmaster in 16 Ga. but never could talk myself into buying one. Seems that my wallet got kinda "squeaky" right after I passed 70.;)

6. RedEyed Duck

RedEyed Duck Elite Refuge Member

No time like the present! :tu

7. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Dan,

I remember asking you to post those pics... It's about time!!!

Worth the wait though, what a purty gun.:tu

8. Greybeard

....and gonna ask her to do pics of my 16 Single Shot and Stevens 311A
    SxS 20 Ga. Even though I've owned quite a few good guns these two are STILL my main go-to guns.

9. Greybeard

....to a shoot youse guys had....was he wearing "Knickers" and a proper hunters boots and hat?? Seems to me that he or maybe it was Rex had put a picture of him with that git-up on in one of the previous posts.
    Right proper gentlemans rig, eh?, what?

10. Greybeard

This is the one I call Ol Reliable!This is pic #1. It has killed boxcar loads of ducks and geese!

Pic #2 is the double 20 my wife bought for me in 1965!

Attached Files: