Hey guys! Here's some pictures of the Ol W. W. Greener!

Discussion in 'Upland Game Forum' started by Greybeard, Sep 4, 2012.

1. theswampthing

theswampthing Elite Refuge Member

That 16 is in nice shape, Dan. What make is it?

2. Greybeard

Greybeard Elite Refuge Member

....I tried to finish it.
    The 16 Ga. is a Stevens with a 28" Barrel, Full choke. It was a Christmas present in 1952 and, as most of us kids back then did, I had placed my Hunting License in the "hollow" of the rear stock. My middle Son offered to refinish the stocks on it 3 years ago for me and lo and behold, still tucked safely away in the hollow of the rear stock was my Hunting License from 1952 which is now "laminated" safely in some kind of clear plastic!!
    Thank you, Lord, for keeping it safely tucked away for me!:amen

P.S. Many years ago a friend of mine at work made a solid brass trigger guard for that old gun as a Birthday present for me. Looks like I need to take some very soft Steel Wool and make her shine again.

3. Greybeard

Birthday Present in 1963. She had to take my Dad with her as she knew very little about guns.
    She told the clerk that she wanted to buy a "20 Barrel Double Gauge" like the one advertised in their recent flyer and my Dad, who was standing behind her, said he pert-near exploded trying to keep from laughing.:yes

4. Greybeard

....early this morning thinking of how much I LOVE the month of October.
    There's just something about that clear Blue sky that no other month can offer and, coupled with the multi-colored trees putting their "Winter Coats" on, Mr. October just kinda walks away with the Art Show of the year.
    I haven't been all over the entire U.S. but I've heard about "Down East" in the Fall (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and such) but I have a place where I can really get an eye full of Falls splendor.
    My middle Son lives just a little south of Chester, Illinois up on a high hill that over looks the Mississippi River and the endless hardwood forest known as "Missouri".
    When I die I hope the Good Lord thinks enough of me to keep me there where I can see a continuing view of this special place.

P.S. If Missouri is filled up...maybe he could arrange a place in the Big Horn Mts. of Wyoming.:tu