Hey HunterNWyo and gang, first coyote of the year!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Canaduck, Jan 2, 2001.

1. Canaduck

Canaduck Elite Refuge Member

Well, made it out for the first time for 'yotes this year and shot one. I called a couple of times with no action. I was then driving to a new area when I noticed a coyote fooling around on a ridge up above me. I kept going until I was out of view, then stopped, got my gun and crap ready and then snuck back. One shot and he was mine. He was a long ways off. I have my 250 zeroed at about 270 yards and the bullet dropped about 8 inches(so I'd say a little over 300). Anyways, I was pumped. How 'bout you, been out lately?

------------------
    Take'em!!!

Canaduck
    schweitz@sk.sympatico.ca

2. HunterNWyo

HunterNWyo Senior Refuge Member

Way to go Canaduck! Sounds like you made a good shot. Just from experience with my 250 and where you have your gun zeroed I'd put that shot around 350 yards. Nice shootin'. Was it a big dog?

I've got to work today and tomorrow but I'll be back out chasing yotes Saturday.

3. Canaduck

Canaduck Elite Refuge Member

No, nothing too special size-wise but the coat was real nice, lots of red.

4. HunterNWyo

HunterNWyo Senior Refuge Member

Sweet. I've only shot one yote that had much for red in it.

I took this afternoon off to go yote hunting (which means I got to work all night). It was just too nice out to spend the day inside. Didn't see a dog one, though.

5. Pickle

Pickle Elite Refuge Member

Congrats on your first Yote, around my parts they are about as common as people, thats why every chance I get I try to "lower the population" heheh

Pickle

------------------
    "But to those whose hearts are stirred by the sound of whistling wings and quacking mallards, wildlife is....not merely an acquired taste.
    Aldo Leopold

come visit Pickle's Page www.geocities.com/tnwaterfowler/index.html