Georgia Flyway Forum Sponsors

Hey LOVE MY LABXS

Discussion in 'Georgia Flyway Forum' started by BLKLABMAN, Jul 1, 2002.

1. BLKLABMAN

BLKLABMAN Banned

I tell ya, myself and the others have been slackin about the postin.

Didnt get to go fishin last weekend. I had to help the wife move in some new furniture :rolleyes: . I couldnt see anything wrong with what we had.

I have to work a couple of hours Saturday. But Sunday..... In plan on being on Nickajack Lake bright and early. It's hot right now. Temps in the upper 90's, with the heat index over 100. But the bass have really been biting. Penny's the big fisherman, but she will let me borrow the boat. :D . That or I'll just have to sneak out of the house. hehehehe It might be better leavin her home. When she goes, I get to carry everything, drive the truck, but when we get it launched, she drives it. and then when we do start to fish. I just get put on the back deck, and am told to shut up. She say's I jabber too much

That's ok I guess. We spent about 5 hours out one day. I spider webbed the reel atleast 4 times, but did manage to ketch a couple. Got back to the ramp and she told me she was proud of me. When I asked why? She said because I didnt curse one single time. hehehehe She just didnt here me.

When are you going to get down to these neck of the woods?

2. LOVE MY LABXS

LOVE MY LABXS Senior Refuge Member

Morning Stoney Man I'd swelter in that 90 deg heat when it hits mid 80s I end up fighting my lab kids for the horse trough but you really need to let it warm up for a day the water out of that well is COLD. Sounds like you got a good woman there she atleast lets you go with her:D . If she could handle the driving and packing you'd probably get to stay home and do nothing but yard work. Use to go down to Texas when my dad was alive and fish a 22ac inpoundment behined his house and catch a bunch of Big old bass in the 5 to 8lb range he was always trying to get me to move down but I just like the Great Northwest to much. And now that I've got these 2 lab crosses (Half brother and sister a year apart) Nd now I just look forward to duck and goose season. I know they love it just as much as I do. Well catch a bunch and have fun over the 4th.

Mike

3. LOVE MY LABXS

Well Stoney just dropped in to make sure the ms. didn't get you drunked up over the fourth then throw you out of her boat:l I didn't do a whole lot had a long weekend but just spent most of it piddling around the yard. Mow for a while then get a beer and kick back every now and then hit a few golf balls for the dogs till they'd get warmed up then into the horse throft no horses but makes a nice place to take a cool dip if you can get them out. Got to make sure you let it warm up for a day or so or the water out of that well is COLD:cool:

4. BLKLABMAN

BLKLABMAN Banned

No I didnt fall overboard.:l

To be honest I didnt do much on the 4th. We went fishing that morning, and had a family cook out that night. Had to be at work 4:30 the next morning so I didnt even get to shoot off any Fireworks, or have any fun. These 14 - 16 hour days are killin me. This coming weekend I actually have both days off. I still can't believe it. Rest assured I will be on the lake. It may be latter on in the day, but I will be there.

You need to come down here to Georgia. If not for duck's, Lord knows we dont have any. You have to go across ,to TN for them. Then for some world class( and I do mean World Class) Quail hunting.

Never have tried Golf. Went to a driving range oncw with a friend. I found out Real quick, its not a game for me.

Take care,
    Jim

5. LOVE MY LABXS

Well morning Jim Glad to hear you did fall out or get thrown out of the boat. Man I'd love to come down and try those Bob whites I went down to Texas when my dad was alive and hunted them with him and a friend but all I had to shoot was an old 20 with full choke. Seemed like I was just blowing branches away and making holes for them little buggers to fly thru. We've got those California quail up here and I get a few of them every now and then when the feet get cold or the kids get bored and need a walk. Those guys are pretty good kids they'll hunt and fetch up just about any thing that flies. Made the mistake of dumping a nice pheasant rooster a couple of years back and now Kate just love to hunt them up. She love to beable to run and hunt where Bill has no problem just sitting and waiting although he gets bored after awhile and starts whinning. Got a new(new to me only a year old and less than a box shot thru it) 870 super mag so now I ready to get started Dove and grouse open on the 1st so I'll have to screw in the imp choke and chase the little gray ghost. Know I can't make it down this year my car blew the motor a week ago but I'll for sure keep in touch and you might get a call say me and these 2 black 4 legged kid of mine are on our way.
    Mike PS dropped you a PM

6. BLKLABMAN

BLKLABMAN Banned

That sounds Great.

You have an Open Invitation, anytime you want to come down for a visit/hunt. The kids(dogs) are more than welcome also.

I'm trying to get a early season duck hunt to Louisiana worked out. One of my friends grew up down there. We would stay with his parents and hunt nearby. It would be a grat opputunity to introduce Katie to her first season. Penny actually said go for it. :eek: Strange but True. Maybe beacause it wont involve any gude fees. hehehehe

Jim

PS

I sent you an e-mail

7. LOVE MY LABXS

Ok stoney call your hot weather back down there. It was way to hot this weekend 100+. I'll put up with the cold I can always put on more clothes but I ran out of clothes to take off. Kept the kid's pool full so they were happy. They'd get warm and just jump in. But with me the yellowjackets were hanging around the water and I'm allergic to them so I'd have to use the shower. Did you get the pics I sent I'm never sure what's going to go and what's not?