Hi Squaller...

Discussion in 'Upland Game Forum' started by Greybeard, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Looking back over the forums and cannot believe I missed this. Thanx for posting it up.:tu

2. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

You need to beat on Pops for not telling ya it was up there! :)

Doug

3. Greybeard

Greybeard Elite Refuge Member

.....and I believe the Demi Jon I mention must be a 10 or 15 Gallon size 'cause it
    is really LARGE. It had belonged to my older Brother and was passed on to me when he died....along with a few very nice guns which I have already passed on to my Sons.
    About the SxS Shotguns: I've always held them as my favorite Fowling guns
    and I think that is partly due to John Wayne as there have been several times in
    one of his Movies that he mentioned "A GREENER IF YOU CAN FIND ONE."

"THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY" .....Here's a little story for ya:
    My middle name is SCOTT, so called because of an Uncle named Scott.
    He had a SxS .410 Hammer Gun that I truly worshiped although I never got to shoot it. Every time I was around him I kept dropping hints of how much I treasured that gun and "what a shame, to be just hanging on the mantle above the fireplace, when it could serve such a grand purpose as bringing Quail and Rabbits into the house to help feed the family."
    Although his Son-In-Law never hunted a day in his life Uncle Scott went to his grave with no mention of the gun being passed on to me.
    I guess some things just aren't to be.

4. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

My grandfather sold all his guns before he passed... He had a couple of beat up A-5's and a Remington Model 11 that was really beat up... My father and I would love to have those guns now, and he could not understand why...

Some pieces just hold a certain nostalgia that does not have a price or worth.