Hiding in the crowd

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by API, Sep 22, 2015.

1. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator Flyway Manager

Can ya imagine being just one person in a crowd of thousands yet still being easily identified as being there? Check out the linked crowd image, then pick a face and zoom away. This picture was taken at a Stanley Cup hockey venue with a 70,000 x 30,000 pixel camera (2100 Mega Pixels.) These cameras are not sold to the public yet are installed in strategic locations. The camera can identify a face among a multitude of people. Consider too that if this type image has been released, that's a pretty good indicator that even better resolution capability is in place.

http://www.gigapixel.com/image/gigapan-canucks-g7.html

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

In my "quick" scan through, I didn't see a single person looking at their cell phone. If that'd been in the US, you wouldn't have been able to pick out a face, because they would all have been looking down. What is wrong with those Canadians?!?! :l

3. API

In the "border" areas, the immigration folks have multiple camera set ups that record movement. Hey they can probably take pictures of your nose hairs. :eek:

4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

My nose hair braids make them easy to spot anyhow...

5. API

This image screams for pictures. :l

6. Duckfiend

Duckfiend Senior Refuge Member

Powerful cameras are in the sky on a small planes monitoring/recording cities 24/7. Its in the works.

7. API

Not sure about other places, but in SoCal cameras are on overhead structures along the freeways.

8. Duckfiend

There is a system that is being sold that can monitor and record entire cities from a plane/drone. If a serious enough crime occurs they can check the past footage and zoom in.

9. API

Technology is growing at light speed in pretty much infinite directions. Given the reality of expanded capabilities, the potential for both good and bad applications is pretty much mind boggling. Who can we trust to get benefits and not damage? Politicians and their helpers who know what’s best? I suppose the upcoming attempt will be convincing folks that ugly is beautiful. :doh

10. Duckfiend

I believe the constitution might be able to be used to legally argue in court that some of these things (privacy invasion, unreasonable searches, property confiscation with no criminal charges, etc.)should not be allowed for the government to use on its own citizens (in this country anyway). In the current climate it seems a pipe dream but the constituents might become aware at some point, push back, and demand action. This is very unlikely in my opinion but still possible so I hold out hope.