Higdon Customer Service

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by schmidtty, Nov 8, 2017.

1. schmidtty

schmidtty Senior Refuge Member

That's right! Forgot about that....

2. Ringbill

Ringbill Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

I've been using them & many of Higdon's motion stuff for many years, & I believe they make the most durable & best functioning gear out there. I've had good customer service too, when I've needed it. Just my own experience.

Ringbill

3. Rangerbob

Rangerbob Senior Refuge Member

+1

4. yankeegray

yankeegray Senior Refuge Member

Never had a problem with Higdons customer service. Helped me out on all my issues

5. Duck-Hunter

Duck-Hunter Senior Refuge Member

If your motor(s) lock up, disconnect the power, take a screwdriver and rotate the impeller. If that don't work spray some Gibbs or other penetrating oil around the impeller. Try the screwdriver trick again. I've had to do trick a few times after they sit in the off season. I've had them for years and so far that's the only issue.

Pulsators with a jerk rig or two going.. The birds can't help themselves but to work your spread

I think electrical cleaner may be more appropriate but then again they are submersible(bilge pumps).

schmidtty and Ringbill like this.
  6. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    Wait a minute... I see the problem here. I agree with the other guy here. Im thinking its the operator. Duck-Hunter above sounds like hes using some commonsense. But, the common denominator here is the statement about a jerk string causes a problem with your dog. Really??? any I ever had are trained early to pay no attention to any movements that are manmade because they chase bumpers and dead ducks through spinners, jerk strings, wonderducks, shakers, vortex spinning above, and everything else we can show them we got laying around the shop. I aint no dog trainer per trade, but
    they shouldn't be paying any attention to that stuff. I just spent two weeks with all of my hunting equipment oiling up, moving stuck parts, checking batteries, etc. before opening day. Our season opens the 25th of Nov. and I know everything works like it ought to. Yessir, I had several problems, but with a little TLC, everything is now working good as new. Now, having said all of that crap, I used to have the same problems opening day because I never did any preventative maintenance. Learned lessons and remembered.. Nothing worst than to open up a shaker cause it don't work only to find out in the dark that you forgot to remove the batteries last year when you finished and now they leaked out...
    anyways, I never had a problem Higdons customer service either. I reckon its just how you talk to them. No one wants a butt chewing.

Ringbill likes this.
  7. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

I thought he meant the dog gets tangled up in the string on a jerk rig.

The_Duck_Master likes this.
  8. JuvieCoot

JuvieCoot Elite Refuge Member

You have zero clue what and who you’re talking about.

9. Wood-Dro

Wood-Dro Elite Refuge Member

I only said it was operator error because he's a friend and I was giving him crap! We texted right after. We've seen so many things break at our club it's not even funny, and it's certainly not from abuse. We even tell guests to plan on things breaking or losing something because it's not a matter of if. And I too flippin hate jerk strings! I've had every decoy and electronic decoy known to the duck hunting world and have had almost every one of them break at one time or another. Nothing is bullet proof when it comes to the duck hunting world. Not even going to tell you how many guns I've seen break in the blind. That's why everyone tries to have a back up of everything to some extent.

schmidtty likes this.
  10. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

That's why they keep making new stuff, to replace the old, broken stuff.