Hillary Clinton's latest reasons for her loss to Trump.

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Sep 13, 2017.

1. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

Okay, under the heading, "even a broken clock...", or "even a blind hog...", since I live in Arkansas...

Her argument regarding BHO is not without merit. I mean, truthfully, what was the substance of his campaign? Change...which can be interpreted in several ways, among them "no more white people in charge". The Senator from Illinois, who had no real record of leadership, didn't author any major legislation that I remember, and was not really a Congressional leader charged to the front of the Democratic ticket and left Hillary sucking wind...and once he was the nominee, the Hope and Change rolled forth like a torrent...anyone who opposed his policy ideas and stated they would not be voting for him on that basis wasn't acknowledged as a thoughtful, differing opinion...they were denounced as racists who were anachronistic leftovers...non-believers... I remember well the African American woman loudly talking about how she wouldn't have to pay her mortgage or anything else now that BHO was President...the voices stating, "it's our turn now...", sometimes seeming to be a veiled threat of retribution, sometimes more than seeming to be...

And I have to be honest; among some of the conservatives and moderates I knew, there was a collective shudder...despite all of the progress, the blunt display of anger and retribution was unnerving. People who spent their lifetimes being decent people and good citizens, wondered if we had just stepped off of a cliff.

And, you have to account for the fact that the "glass ceiling" arguments were somewhat ****tered somewhere in there when the studies of the studies that showed such a wide disparity between men's and women's salaries were accounted for in large part by women working fewer hours, taking longer times between jobs, etc., and not as much insidious misogyny as was previously supposed. So, the arc of women taking the forefront was legitimately overshadowed. A bright young man with a vision outshone the older (white) woman.

As far as Trump? Maybe this is what happens when you believe the fawning of the press corps and the polls that show you to be the undisputed next President. Maybe this is what happens when you ignore discontent and instead double down by declaring you will continue the policies of the current Administration...and maybe We the People wanted a bit more "bread and circus" than just, "he was right, and I'm just going to keep plowing the row he started...". A lioness already licking the blood from her lips when she hadn't even gotten off her hindquarters to run down the prey yet...

But...at this point...what does it matter?

Nine months in, and she is still admitting she lost. We know, and we know how...the votes were tallied, and you came up short. If you go 9.9 yards in 4 downs, the other team still gets the ball. If you fumble on the goal line, it isn't a touchdown. Telling everyone why you fumbled for nine months after makes no difference...the only person that needs to know why is you...and then only so you don't repeat it.

newduk and 3inch3's like this.
  2. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

C'mon, if she were really honest with herself imaging how deflating that would be. She barely beat Donald Trump in a popularity contest. Donald Freeking Trump. That's walk off a cliff in shame bad.

ETA: Of course, Trump losing the same popularity contest to her ought to invoke the same shame.

yellowlab03 and Ducker 4 Ever like this.
  3. Rubberhead

Rubberhead Elite Refuge Member

I am sure there are people who didn't vote for Hillary because she is a woman. I am equally sure that there are four times as many people that did vote for her because she was a woman.

4. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

Which half would that be?

To put some of these findings about real modern day issues and Trump voters in context, 41% of his voters think Japanese internment was a good thing, to 37% who don't. And 41% of his supporters would favor bombing Agrabah to only 9% who are opposed to doing that. Agrabah is the country from Aladdin. Overall 30% of Republican primary voters say they support bombing it to 13% who are opposed. We asked the same question of Democrats, and 36% of them opposed bombing Agrabah to 19% in support.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/...ountry-from-aladdin-clinton-maintains-bi.html

5. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Beat me to it.

Assuming that only Democrat voters are stupid is.... well, stupid. To state it another way, all voters are stupid.

6. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

That pretty much confirms that a significant number of folks fail the BS detector test and by definition also makes a strong case that stuff concluded from poll results are BS too.

7. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Lost sight? Heh... Never crossed her mind!

API likes this.
  8. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Prolly thought it was Aleppo...

Bear likes this.
  9. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

I don't imagine this helped her cause any
    Hillary-Clinton-Basket-of-Deplorables-Screen-Grab[1].jpg

Bear likes this.
  10. takemrarely

takemrarely Elite Refuge Member

Shows how "politically savvy" she really is....