Hitch in his gait

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by Tuck31, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Tuck31

Tuck31 Elite Refuge Member

So the regular vet checked him out and manipulated his hip and knee and saw no swelling didn't note any other problems. I note that he didn't exhibit any symptoms yesterday walking or running and he likes to get on his hind legs to stand up at times, and he did so without problem.

I plan to rest him this week, straight walks only, and take him to UC Davis for a more thorough check up, possibly an MRI if recommended. Thanks for your input!

Buttesmacker likes this.
  2. Larsen's Labs

Larsen's Labs Elite Refuge Member

Good to hear!! Sometimes they limp, just like people do!! Hope the prognosis continues to be good!! LL

3. Tuck31

Tuck31 Elite Refuge Member

Dog checked out and seems fine. I think I found the culprit. I usually noticed the "limp" when I put his e collar on in the am. I was watching him a couple days ago and realized that he lifted back leg part way, then stopped and scratched his collar with the leg. I think this has all been about discomfort with the collar and his effort to scatch. A couple "false starts" then scratch. Without the collar I haven't see any limp or issue with hind leg.

Thanks for all the input.