Hodoo Island - Closed Zone

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Sweatliner, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Huntsprig

Huntsprig Senior Refuge Member

2. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

I see he's saying that he did not use that word. Come on dude, if you do it, at least admit it. :l

[​IMG]

3. ditchbanker

ditchbanker Elite Refuge Member

What...you expect me to believe it Gene?
    Mr Gold is waaaay tooo ed-u-ma-cated to use low-brow words :no

Good riddance (until next time) :flame

4. JRS

JRS Elite Refuge Member

You guys blew him up like a balloon!

5. NorCalDuckHunter

NorCalDuckHunter Refuge Member

Wardens nightmare? How come? They seemed to have no problem watching us/ checking us on the island and at the launch. The real question is why that same warden was parked at bird haven every sat and weds. oh thats right the warden is family. Who was probably getting compensation for harassing us for pass shooting. That whole upper butte basin management is is a joke. I'd like to see them all fired especially Andy Atkinson and manager tim. Guarantee Bonderson did some favors and payed a few folks to get this going. Sneaky snake. I heard a rumor he facing legal trouble (Bonderson) something unrelated. maybe fraud or something. Karmas a....mother......

6. NorCalDuckHunter

Sure would like to hunted this flooded island. Thanks Andy A and Tim from upper butte basin management . Screwed the public guy.

7. sacbob

sacbob Elite Refuge Member

Pete Blake was never in charge of Gray Lodge.

8. twoducks

twoducks Senior Refuge Member

You misunderstood. My reference was to Upper Butte Basin not Gray Lodge Pete came to UBB from down south never meant or said he was at the lodge. But that being said wish he had it would have been better then what we have now. The habitat at UBB is beyond bad unless you like hunting primrose and astir ( sp). The stands of water grass and smartweed not to mention swamp Timothy was text book when Pete was there. The spiral started right after he left

9. NorCalDuckHunter

I have to agree twoducks. Bonderson couldnt get this done with those previous guys. Ive also seen a decline at the UBB refuges. These guys are not for us public hunters I promise you that. HOODOO island now hunted twice a year for a special draw turkey hunts. Smh. You think the public was fine with that. What a joke. I miss my hunting spot and im not alone. This is wrong

10. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

I've never been there nor did I knew it existed before this post, but, the way this went down was sad...... To take away a hunting location because someone with deep pockets lined some wallets is pathetic. The fact that CWA had a hand in this now is nothing but a scar on them. To have they're hunts accessed from that private ranch just goes to show how that went down....

Sad.... You watch & see what happens to Sutter .... There is something fishy going on there ...