Holy flattened like a pancake Batman

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by randy marci, Jun 16, 2014.

1. randy marci

randy marci Elite Refuge Member

2. H2OFOWL

H2OFOWL Elite Refuge Member

As long as the cop goes home safe is all that matters:mad:

3. Glendonboy

Glendonboy Elite Refuge Member

He was texting and driving!!

4. LTMFH

LTMFH Senior Refuge Member

Don't lay in the Road!

5. NCBADGES

NCBADGES North / South Carolina Flyway Moderator Moderator

Nahhh..its still the officer's fault. The road was meant for sleeping, not driving...everybody knows that. :l

ncb

6. ToxicShot

ToxicShot Elite Refuge Member

What the?

7. QuinnNadu

QuinnNadu Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Im a little confused by this. He claimed he was running plates, but both of the vehicles plates would also bring the man into view. Looks intentional to me, ecpecially considering he hit the gas so hard right when he got up to the guy.

How come if I go text and drive and accidentally hit someone and kill them I will see jail, but an officer busy looking at his cars computer screen doesnt even get a leave of absence.

8. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Are you insinuating that the officer involved bears no responsibility?

While I concede that it appeared this was not done deliberately… That guy was lying in the street for some time, and I do believe that for any driver there is some responsibility to look for and avoid hazards on the road…

He was not in a high-speed chase going around a blind corner here. He was coming from a complete stop and got up to about 10 mph… He simply was not looking… It could have just as easily been a dog or a child on a bigwheel in the street and I believe we would have seen the same outcome, cause the officer was almost certainly not paying attention to the road or where he was driving.

So while not the officers fault, and while most likely being accidental, I would still say at the very least there was some degree of negligence here on the officer’s part.

9. Blacklab227

Blacklab227 Elite Refuge Member

I love a good cop bashing as much as the next guy, but this looks like a horrible accident to me. The dude was lying in the road after midnight in dark clothes and a totally unexpected place for a person to be taking a nap.

10. Scauphunter

Scauphunter Senior Refuge Member

Dang, That is some serious messed up stuff right there.

I don't care what the cop was doing there is no excuse for running over a guy in the road. Granted the guy was either drunk or high and totally stupid for being there. The video makes his shirt look light colored not dark to me but it is hard to tell in black and white.