Holy flattened like a pancake Batman

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by randy marci, Jun 16, 2014.

1. h2ofwlr

h2ofwlr Elite Refuge Member

Some thing that I know 1st hand - in residential neighborhoods while on patrol they are swivel heads looking to the sides all the time for anything not kosher.

I wonder what the deal was with the soldier on how he go there? Somebody mug him? Diabetes shock? Or did he drink waaaaay too much?

2. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Yup, no valid excuse for that whatsoever. If it was at hwy speed or something where it just happened too fast it'd be one thing, but to stop and sit there for bit? That's just flat not paying attention I don't who you are; may be an accident but he's absolutely at fault.

3. H20OTTER

H20OTTER Elite Refuge Member

The officer was responding to a call of a reported vehicle prowl and was looking to the sides of the road. While we all know that bad guys don't hide behind stuff and run right down the middle of the road, right? He certainly should lose his job, be put in jail and have all his worldly possessions taken away for an accident.:rolleyes:

4. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Same as you or I would. Makes no difference what he was doing that was negligible driving. Being a cop doesn't give you the right to be careless.

5. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

How far did the police car drag the guy?

It'll be a hoot listening to the cop's excuses.

6. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

"Tacoma police are investigating after an officer ran over a man lying on the street early Saturday morning."

I'll bet the investigation takes a long time. After all, the guy was laying in the street and the cop didn't see him and the cop ran over the guy.

It's going to take a long time to figure out what happened.

7. CastandBlast

CastandBlast Senior Refuge Member

It was Tacoma. What did you expect.

8. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

I am sure it will be easy to see if he was running any plates at the time. Still no excuse. He seemed to gun it a little to get over the speed bump.

The guy had multiple deployments and was back in the world and had too much to drink. He did his time protecting us but the cops failed to protect him.

9. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

Well clearly if you want to hide from this guy its best not be in the bushes....just lay in the road and your invisible! If I got a text in the same spot and the outcome was the same do you think I would get away with it?:confused:

10. H20OTTER

H20OTTER Elite Refuge Member

"Same as you or I", Tacoma Police Department will turn it over to their insurance company and they will handle it. The officer will most likely be disciplined whether or not it's to the point you fine folks will agree or not and it makes little difference. Justice, in most of your eyes will never be swift or harsh enough for "the cops".

The real truth here is that two peoples lives will be ruined by this.