Holy flattened like a pancake Batman

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by randy marci, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

Your brillance is shining through on that one....

2. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

Are you a cop?

Seems like you really care about "us"

3. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

An obvious mistake. Almost qualifies as a freak accident. I can't really say that the policeman is a bad cop.
    However....

If the PD tries to wiggle out of responsibility....... They will qualify as bad cops.

4. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

He will be disciplined as he damn well should, are you suggesting otherwise? No one said the guy needs to hang, or that he's a bad cop, but he certainly bears some responsibility. It really makes no difference that the guy was a cop, he wasn't paying attention and ran over a guy, simple as that--not many excuses for that.
    And you guys wonder why people are critical of cops; judging by your response you seem to believe you're above the law and deserve special treatment.:rolleyes:

5. tennduckdog

tennduckdog Elite Refuge Member

Yep, freak accident and they both bare responsibility for this imo. Being a veteran doesn't come with the benefit of being able to pass out in the middle of the street, and being a cop doesn't come with the benefit of not being responsible for being aware of your surroundings and in control of your vehicle. Any one of us could have just as easily run that man over had we been there at that time and location. Looking for an address, drop something on the floorboard, having a conversation, changing the radio station, slapping your loudmouth kid around in the back seat...we all drive with distractions. How the PD handles this situation is what they should be judged by, they can't undo what's been done, not much they can do other than pray for the mans recovery and do what's necessary to make sure his needs are taken care of going forward.

6. H20OTTER

H20OTTER Elite Refuge Member

Does it matter if I am or not?

7. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Does it in the incident in question?

8. H20OTTER

You lost me...
    I am in no way tied to the incident if that is what you are asking.

And what difference does it make if I am a cop or not.

I have an opinion and a respect for Leo's. I see a lot of questionable incidents hit the news and a group of people jumping to pre drawn conclusions. Mostly at the behest of the media. It bothers me to see people being ambushed in restaurants or responding to calls for service. These people are being killed for no other reason than their job and its not just cops its firefighters, medics any first responders.

I still don't understand why anybody would go into a job that is so dam dangerous and most aren't paid that well. I used to see a respect of people in public service and now I simply see a lot of folks making it easier for the people who see anyone in uniform as the enemy and to due harm to them.

I guess its a reflection of what the opinion of the government as a whole has come to and deservedly so.

I guess I would ask that not every officer, firefighter or anyone be judged by the actions of the minority and remember that they put their lives on the line every day and are usually the first to the horrible incidents we see on the news everyday.

9. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

The difference is you seem to have an opinion on this incident based on the guy being a cop, just as you say we do. You jumped to support him seemingly based on the fact he was a cop. I think most of us think he was negligent, wasn't paying attention and ran over a guy--and it just so happens that he's a cop.

What if it was reversed and a civilian ran over a cop?

10. H20OTTER

Not sure how you see my opinion as anything other than just that an opinion.
    If the tables were turned and the person ran over a cop lying in the road, in dark clothing for some unknown reason (drugs,alcohol, mental issue) then I would certainly think the person should be treated the same. No difference what so ever.

Again I'm not sure how I implied anything other than opinion. I heard the news story, saw the video and made a comment about how most people on here think the officer should be hung out to dry...