Home Made Pods

Discussion in 'Mud Motors' started by LabsInTheCanes, Sep 18, 2008.

1. 12ga

12ga Banned

When did they start filling the pods? Mine didn't have them and they were new.

2. jrp267

jrp267 Senior Refuge Member

Your opinion. I like being able to get in from them. If for no other reason that makes them great. But curiously are you agreeing having never had them or have had them and didnt like them? As far as beretta is concerned it is clear that he believes he is the most knowledgable mud boat manufacturer so I would just go with whatever he say's. Although I am sure he never had them either. Just wants to feel good about his brand of choice. I dont even own a beavertail. I added pods to my last boat and will add them to this one as well.

3. Secret Agent X9

Secret Agent X9 Elite Refuge Member

Another great point is if your bow runs up on a stump your transom will float up and you will not flood/sink the boat. That is why I like them.

4. extra mud

extra mud Elite Refuge Member

If you want them as a step, thats fine. If your hull has planeing issues/load carrying issues and you absolutly love your hull. Then by all means put the pods on to help correct it.

If you have the proper hull matched for a mud motor you wont need it, just stating a fact.

Hey
    If you want to spend $350 on a step to get in and out of your boat, thats your business.

Im a dealer and I make it my business to know what hulls work well and the ones that dont. If a guy comes to me and wants to buy a motor, the 1st question I ask him is what hull is it going on. I wont give false statments as to how his hull will perform just to make a sale. He needs to know that up front.

Just my 2 cents

5. fishmagnet04

fishmagnet04 Senior Refuge Member

I would agree in some cases. 3 weeks ago I almost sank a 1654 with the dove tail transom because of an inferior design. Mudboat no... but combined with an engine that dies at idle coming on or off the throttle and lack of transom/hull surface area it was 5 gallons from being disastrous.

6. jrp267

I am still wondering if you have ever used them?

7. extra mud

Ummm, Like I said... I dont need to.

8. 12ga

12ga Banned

Everyone that I know that has used them loved them.

9. jrp267

Kinda like when my kids wont try eating vegetables!

10. extra mud

I have an 18 foot boat that planes 1500 plus pounds (not including the rigging, batterys, etc just load) with a mud motor. Will run in no water or very little, with a load.
    The only mods made to the motor are carb, rev limiter, and exhaust.

I only get out on dry land or a bog or two, so getting in and out of the boat isnt a problem. But thats just me.

If I added pods to a boat it would only raise the price to the consumer. My job is to get them into the best motor, boat match for their money and have it perform.